Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you live in a bubble? PBS Demographic quiz...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Swans are a nasty invasive species. Someone should enlighten the yuppies.
    Here, they are coddled and named. Susie, Sarah, Sabrina, and another girl whose name starts with S.

People grow stuff in their gardens for the swans.

Years ago we had only one swan, Willie, who every spring got it into his dim swan head that he needed to find a mate. He left the lake and went waddling down Park Ave. It was always the job of the current neighborhood president to catch Willie and retuen him to the lake. It was a tragedy, one Ive never forgiven certain people, when the lake was drained by our city's parks department and dogs waded into the slush to catch and kill Willie.

Even though I got a bubble score, I am very familiar with and experienced many of the items for very short periods of time. Both of my parents grew up in isolated rural areas (think one room school house) but for whatever reason, both went on to get advanced degrees and have professional careers. My husband's parents/family on the other hand never got past high school, eat fast food and watch Dancing with the Stars "religiously." I get that we all have different experiences and viewpoints. One of the important factors for picking our retirement spot is to find a middle of the road kind of place.

I think this test is baloney. I scored a 33, but I'm much more of a snob than that.

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Even though I got a bubble score, I am very familiar with and experienced many of the items for very short periods of time. Both of my parents grew up in isolated rural areas (think one room school house) but for whatever reason, both went on to get advanced degrees and have professional careers. My husband's parents/family on the other hand never got past high school, eat fast food and watch Dancing with the Stars "religiously." I get that we all have different experiences and viewpoints. One of the important factors for picking our retirement spot is to find a middle of the road kind of place.
    Maybe not Branson. . .

Williamsmith
    I took the test but I really don't see the value in it. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    I think this test is baloney. I scored a 33, but I'm much more of a snob than that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I would say this test is not scientific! But it was amusing.

77. I have my doubts about the test, my guess is that it has some age bias built in.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    Swans are up here all over on Lake Michigan and I love to watch them. I want to know how they stay alive here all winter and where they nest!
    One of our neighbors got a swan when we were kids (in Michigan). I got too close and got hit by it. Not gentle like the ducks that were all over our back yard pond.

I scored 54, it seems to class me in nouveau middle class territory because I served in the military, argue politics with my friends and like the occasional Grand Slam Breakfast, but earn more money than my father.

I suppose that's how the average PBS viewer would view me.

Thread Information