Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dude making a difference?

Dude making a difference?

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/03...n_9545166.html

"This Man Has Exactly 111 Possessions. And He's Happy."

Rob Greenfield is definitely a simple liver on a mission. I've read his story and he pretty much walks the walk.

http://robgreenfield.tv
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Ha! I saw that Huffpo article this morning and have spent half the day reading his blog. (Needless to say, I'm having a slow day at work.) Very inspirational.

In time, I'd like to adopt some of his simple lifestyle choices, like going car-free. (I draw the line at giving up toilet paper, though.)

my first thought when I read the tight was UA going, "he beat me by 39, I could've been in Huffpo!", lol, just teasing

Williamsmith
    I have met a lot of homeless people who have fewer possessions, throwing off materialism and consumerism, traveling from place to place, relying on the web of generousity or stretching the bounds of hospitality.....and doing it all without any thought of making a difference or blogging for some purpose. One persons inspiration is another persons bum I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    my first thought when I read the tight was UA going, "he beat me by 39, I could've been in Huffpo!", lol, just teasing
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I have met a lot of homeless people who have fewer possessions, throwing off materialism and consumerism, traveling from place to place, relying on the web of generousity or stretching the bounds of hospitality.....and doing it all without any thought of making a difference or blogging for some purpose. One persons inspiration is another persons bum I guess.
    You think he is a bum? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    The difference between an inspiration and a bum is intention. It has nothing to do with how many possessions one has. If you see all homeless people with no possessions as bums, what does that say for Jesus or Peace Pilgrim or Buddha? Some people are mendicants with a spiritual message. Others are bums. Let's not confuse the two.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    LOL
    title, not tight or that made no sense as usual, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    title, not tight or that made no sense as usual, sorry
    I knew exactly what you meant. That is why I LOLed.

There was a little part of my that was like: "111? Well played, Rob. Well played!" haha

Thread Information