Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anger fever/sensitivity

I wonder what it is going to look like in the future, we look back and say this person lived a certain place or 'was' something like a career. I don't see my generation and younger staying in one place or doing one job as much. Maybe there are more than I think, I work with a lot of families that have been in a part of Denver for generations, and do the same work?

I am all for digging in on the dead people! Still leave me out until I am at last 90

We just had a parallel issue come up - about a month ago we attended the memorial service for dh grandfather. Apparently dh mom (the genealogy nut) put a tape recorder under the podium (without telling anyone) recorded the entire service, and has turns robed it for inclusion with the family genealogy. We know this because she just e-mailed the entire family notifying them and offering copied.

dh, who spoke off the cuff and from the heart, is really angry.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    We just had a parallel issue come up - about a month ago we attended the memorial service for dh grandfather. Apparently dh mom (the genealogy nut) put a tape recorder under the podium (without telling anyone) recorded the entire service, and has turns robed it for inclusion with the family genealogy. We know this because she just e-mailed the entire family notifying them and offering copied.

dh, who spoke off the cuff and from the heart, is really angry.
    In Pennsylvania, it is a wiretap and a felony. I served more than one piece of humble pie to politicians and so called leaders of the community who abused this.

And I was going to answer in the opposite view, saying that one should expect any public church/memorial/wedding service these days to be recorded. Most are. Hmmm ... Is it wiretapping if a church records their services without explicitly informing everyone each time they meet?

That is tricky, i can see kinda both. There was a tragic death in our department, our nurse was killed in a car accident in fall. She was so well loved that we were all devastated. I was not able to make it to the services so I wrote a longer facebook post on her facebook page. I heard from a friend at work that they read it at the services. I was so happy it was used and since I posted it on FB I felt it was public. However if I had just showed up and talked I may not feel the same way, I would have wanted to written down what I was going to say or otherwise make sure it was publishable.

well, the relationship isn't badmouthing to charge her with wiretapping. And it was Maryland.

but it was also a small, private service. The person speaking could clearly see the expression on the faces listening. The sort of thing you might say in a small group setting at an emotional time are a lot different than the sort of things you might put in prepared remarks for an unknown audience or post on Facebook.

Thread Information