Thread: Cat-astrophe!

Cat-astrophe!

Oh jiminy crickets, the cat just ate through my laptop power cord.

gdpit_com_55382046_91[1].jpg This may be the last post you see from me for a while!

ETA: rest assured, said cat did not electrocute himself.

And with 3% power remaining, the magic of duct tape, tweezers and a razor blade comes through. Wootwoot! The first engineering triumph of 2011.

Seriously, be sure to keep a check on his teeth. One of our cats ate completely through a small cord that was connected to a sound maker, (rain, wind, etc). We were so glad that he wasn't injured and thought no more about it until maybe a year or more later the same cat started acting really ill one weekend and we could not get a vet until on Monday. She checked him, said he had a couple of bad teeth that needed to come out and she thought that was the problem. So after he was on his antibiotics for awhile we took him back for his appointment to get the teeth out. When we went to pick him up, he had to have 5 teeth removed! The vet was very concerned and thought he might have a serious illness such as feline leukemia. She said the teeth were cracked and so loose that they practically fell out as she went around them. We could not understand how a young inside cat, (he may have been 5 at the time), could have such serious teeth/gum problems. Then shortly after I was reading an article about the dangers of a pet chewing through an electrical cord. Of course death was the major concern, but the article also mentioned damage being done to the teeth and gums from the electrical shock! This explained what may have caused the damage to my cat's mouth. That has been close to two years ago, and he has been very healthy ever since, so I believe this was exactly his problem. Check your cat's mouth if he will let you, or if he should started acting as if he is in pain this may very well be the cause.

Hmm, thank you! It's possible that he was just playing with a cord that was already coming apart and managed to yank it in two, there don't seem to be toothmarks, it sort of strung out into pieces right at the plug. But I will keep that in mind, as I really don't know.

Thread Information