Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton

Williamsmith

Hillary Clinton

It's time we start getting use to the idea of another President Clinton. The Republicans are in such disarray they couldn't beat Ralph Nader in a primary. So the good news is that Clinton will undoubtedly take back the world stage for American Exceptionalism.

No more apologizing globally, no more bowing and kissing rings, back to the hard nosed kick ass interventionism we have become so well known for. At least we will have a direction. I wonder how Putin is going to feel about getting pushed around by a woman? Now that will be fun to see.

I am getting used to the idea.

That is what I like about you, Williamsmith. You come off as a laughing prophet of doom but deep down you are eternally the optimist!

If this awful thing happens, we'll need a strong GOP majority in Congress if the Bill of Rights is to survive intact.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If this awful thing happens, we'll need a strong GOP majority in Congress if the Bill of Rights is to survive intact.
    Hyperbolic.

Other than being female, I mostly see it as an extension of the Obama policies. It's too bad we won't advance or progress to something different or better, but as far as politics go I have not had any of the Obama heartburn that others have had. I think the more impactful election issues will be in the senate, house and maybe the Supreme Court.

After eight years of unrelenting, poorly disguised racism from the right, I'm not looking forward to years of ugly misogyny focused on Hillary Clinton. She won't get any more cooperation from the obstructionists than he did. She's a competent bureaucrat, but her hawkish behavior gives me pause. I'm not a fan of dynasties.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Hyperbolic.
    Is it? She's campaigned on supporting changes to the First Amendment to give government more power to regulate spending on political speech. She has said the Supreme Court was "wrong" in upholding the Second Amendment as it applied to "assault weapons", and has attacked Bernie's position on gun control during the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    After eight years of unrelenting, poorly disguised racism from the right, I'm not looking forward to years of ugly misogyny focused on Hillary Clinton. She won't get any more cooperation from the obstructionists than he did. She's a competent bureaucrat, but her hawkish behavior gives me pause. I'm not a fan of dynasties.
    Yes, it will be a nice change from the default charge of racism for every disagreement with the President to be accused of sexism for every thwarted power grab. If only for variety's sake.

While I'm hoping for a good deal of the right kind of "obstructionism" in the event of a Clinton Administration, I also believe she will be in a better position to actually compromise with the opposition. I don't think she has ever displayed the sort of ideological rigidity the current president has.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

While I'm hoping for a good deal of the right kind of "obstructionism" in the event of a Clinton Administration, I also believe she will be in a better position to actually compromise with the opposition. I don't think she has ever displayed the sort of ideological rigidity the current president has.
    It's obama who hasn't tried to compromise? Obstructionism is just another way of saying "unwilling to compromise" and it's not obama that's doing the obstructing in congress.

If we still have a republican congress I expect you're right about the obstructionism preventing them from doing much of anything, just as it is now. Most likely the only thing they'll do is unsuccessfully try another hundred times to repeal the ACA and hold still more hearings on the fictitious story of planned parenthood selling baby body parts for fun and profit. And maybe they'll throw in yet another pointless Benghazi hearing just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Obstructionism is just another way of saying "unwilling to compromise" and it's not obama that's doing the obstructing in congress.
    As a co-equal branch of government, I see Congress as an indispensable part of reining in the executive branch. What's the difference between a democratic republic and a dictatorship? Congress.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information