Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My electric trike is ready!

My electric trike is ready!

I've been wanting an electric trike for quite a while now, and a couple of weeks ago I took myself to the bike shop and placed an order.
    They make them custom, and mine will be ready for pick up tomorrow! I can't wait!!

I'm really looking forward to being able to go grocery shopping and stuff without a car - and without worrying about falling over or running out of steam.
    This is my new ride: The Rogue Sherpa

(Pricey, I know, butI got a bit of a discount, and the folks who built it are right in my neighborhood. They give free tune-ups and stuff.)
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Hey, I followed your link. That thing looks sweet!

Very cool, please be sure to let us know what you think after you've used it for a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Very cool, please be sure to let us know what you think after you've used it for a bit!
    +1

I see you got the 36V lithium Battery, I have the same battery, about 20 mile range and I have never run out of power. I installed it on one of my bikes I had. You will love it! I plug mine in after every use, no matter how much drain I had. I bring it in side in the winter months to keep from freezing, other than that it stays on bike in garage. I had the economy battery before for 3 years with no problems also, so on my second winter with the better battery and I hope to get two more winters out of it (that is when I use it in the winter or when very windy). I use mine as a boost, not as a scooter type ride. Wind and hills or very heavy grocery day. LOVE IT and hope you do too!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    +2

What fun! Money well spent.

ctg492

Could you tell us/me some more about the battery and the motor that operates it. The forementioned website, had no photo's that I saw of the power plant, just two sides of the trke.

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    I see you got the 36V lithium Battery, I have the same battery, about 20 mile range and I have never run out of power. I installed it on one of my bikes I had. You will love it! I plug mine in after every use, no matter how much drain I had. I bring it in side in the winter months to keep from freezing, other than that it stays on bike in garage. I had the economy battery before for 3 years with no problems also, so on my second winter with the better battery and I hope to get two more winters out of it (that is when I use it in the winter or when very windy). I use mine as a boost, not as a scooter type ride. Wind and hills or very heavy grocery day. LOVE IT and hope you do too!
    Thanks for the info, ctg492! How far have you gone on one charge? The bike shop said to always plug it in after using. I think they said to charge it at least once per month if I'm away or not using it. I'll have to ask about that. I figure I'll get heavy use from at least March till November.

Mine is also electric-assist, so I'll be getting exercise - but not dying on the hills and in wind.

I didn't tell dh or dd that I'm getting it, so they'll get a surprise today when I pull up to the house on my new wheels

can you ride it on streets that don't have a specified bike lane? It's adorable and looks like a lot of fun

Thread Information