Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very sad news -- Hoosiernan

Very sad news -- Hoosiernan

I just got a message from Kalpana Shankar, who many of you may remember from the old incarnation of the boards. She passed on the very sad news that our long-time member and friend Hoosiernan passed away on Wednesday. Kalpana doesn't know all the details, will be trying to follow up with the family. I will post any updates I get here.

Sorry to have to pass on this news. Nancy had a really rough time in the past years with economic and health challenges, but I always felt she handled everything with grace and courage. I will miss her.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Oh no! How horribly sad. She was just getting her life going in the right direction. She's one of the people I always particularly liked and respected from the old SLN boards.

Lhamo, thanks so much for the information. It is so sad; yet I appreciate knowing so that I can take some time to think about Nan, think about what she offered to me, as a longtime lurker on the old board, and what she meant to me.

Nan, wherever you are, requiescat in pacem, and many thanks for the gifts you shared here and elsewhere in your world. I will miss you.

OMG!! That's awful!! I had no idea that she was that close to death. Dammit. She spent so much of her life struggling.....then she finally broke free and was going to get her life moving in a direction that made her happy. Oh how utterly tragic!! I feel really bad that I hadn't asked about her in awhile. I'm just sick.
    Thankyou for passing this news on to us lhamo. Please let us know if you hear anything else about her. Oh how so very sad.

:-(

Oh, my! Prayers, condolences and positives energies going out to all and to you, Nan!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

This just seems so sad. But it was nice to get to know her and I hope she enjoyed her time on these boards.

Looking back over her last thread, it looks like she was having a bit of a hard time after her colon cancer surgery. She also had breast cancer. Then around the end of February, she had a stent put in her bile duct, since it was clogged and her liver was failing. She still sounded positive though. I hope she didn't suffer too much.
    I hope she's free and well now. We'll miss you Nan, and are so glad we knew you here.

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear that. Nan went way back and to me was always a part of these boards.

So sad to hear this.

Thread Information