Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entire body hurts way too much

A friend of mine uses a topical cannabis rub they make at home in a crock pot. They say the pain relief lasts at least three hours.

My mom has it and we certainly need more research. Her own docs are good about pain but new ones or in the hospital she gets treated like a drug seeker. That lyrica commercial ticks me off, I have never seen anyone respond that well to it. I wish you luck, I'm glad you have a rheumatologist

Sometimes I wonder if more men had it, more research would be done??

I don't know how old you are but for me the worst symptoms of menopause were serious joint and muscle pains. Even my elbows hurt. I went on hormones and felt better within days. Tried weaning off for a few months but pain came back with a vengeance. My doc says that In his practice women complain more of joint pains than hot flashes. I've tried massage, exercise, acupuncture, vitamin d but without hormones I can hardly walk

Have your ever heard of Dr Sarno? He believes that pain has a very strong emotional component. I had some serious knee pain several years back, stumbled onto his books and found them very helpful to get past it.

TxZen
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I've been taking about 5,000 a day for quite a while. My D level is okay. Maybe I'll increase it a bit, since it's more at the lower end of normal.
    Gosh, my DD was so depressed for awhile and got so dizzy, she couldn't get out of bed. I talked her into getting her D level checked and it was something like 7!! She improved quickly after supplementing the D.
    Thanks TT!
    I was at an 8!!! I am slowing working towards 25 but new evidence suggest our Vitamin D levels should be in the mid 30's. It's such a tricky little vitamin.

Pinkytoe - I have found Dr. Sarno's books helpful. I do believe there is a mental/emotional aspect to all pain - though I have not had the instant results he writes about (understanding that your pain is simply where you hide your stress, and it goes away.) But great books, and a different way to think about pain.

I'll check out that book too. I think that it's entirely possible that in the very early part of life (first year), if certain things are done to us, it sort of "sets" the nervous system. (Like if you're mistreated/abusedneglected early). I know that's one theory of fibromyalgia. I know I have always been acutely aware of everything.......inside me and what's going on around me. It's sort of the chicken or the egg thing. I think I tend to believe the "Substance P" levels theory. Who knows. I think viruses can do funky things to us too.

Thread Information