Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I see dead people............

I have a friend with multiple personalities and she talks about hearing/taking part in conversations in her "headspace".
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

The fan, is it plastic or metal?
    A metal fan (or parts of the fan) could act as an antenna, and pick up stray radio waves, or electromagnetic signals from poor shielding of the computer.
    Not sure about the whole can't get Schizophrenia later in life thing, as I have no knowledge or experience to the best of my knowledge. So I don't have a clue about the process of it, or if some sort of brain injury could cause it. I do agree with checking meds for side effects or effects from mixing with one another.
    Can't really tell if your seriously hearing voices, or your joking about your subconscious/gut feelings.

While schizophrenia is uncommon later in life, there are other mental and emotional stressors that can cause altered thoughts. Depression with psychotic features, PTSD can have psychotic features, acute stress reactions, etc. And the side effect thing is very real. It would be good to tell your doctor just so these causes can be considered.

Also brain changes in later life caused by neuro changes or a mass ... Don't want to scare you as its rare but I've seen it. What we think is a new schizophrenia in grandpa turns out to be a brain tumor or swelling aneurysm etc.

Yeah, I'm thinking of brain things too. Several years ago I had an MRA and MRV.....which looked at my brain vessels. I was having very loud pulsatile tinnitus. It was all normal........I'm still having the pulsatile tinnitus though.
    I haven't had headaches or vision problems, so I'm not thinking "brain tumor" that much. I guess another thing to keep an eye on is normal pressure hydrocephalus.......which i think can cause pulsatile tinnitus. But I think my balance would be more affected.
    And probably most of all to think about is........growing old! I think some of these unfortunate symptoms that we get, are just par for the course with aging. You should hear my husband and I talk at dinner........We talk constantly, but most of the conversation is "What's the name of that guy........." or "What's the name of that movie?" ........or "what day of the week is it?" ,etc., etc. hahaha I can't believe how both of us can't remember words/names any more!

Thread Information