Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBS mystery or drama series free on youtube

Smile PBS mystery or drama series free on youtube

can you suggest any to me. I don't mind watching 10 minutes at a time through youtube videos.

two good ones are

Mrs. Winthropp
    Lovejoy

old but good.
    your turn.

About a year ago I found an entire one of Inspector Morse that I enjoyed. It was 10 minutes at a time.

I liked Lovejoy, I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

There might also have been a Rumpole of the Bailey, but I don't remember for sure. Could have been snippets.

If you enjoy Absolutely Fabulous (yes, warped I know) there was someplace on the net where you could watch entire episodes. Not the later ones however.
    moo

I LOVE the Inspector Lynley series and Prime Suspect (continually checking one or the other out of the library, lol), but don't know if either are on YouTube ? Great idea to look into!

any more? I don't think Prime Suspect is on Youtube yet. Someone has to post it.

not on Youtube, but as a librarian I feel honor-bound to say that most of the PBS should be available at your local library.

Lord Peter Wimsey Series... both Ian Carmichael and Edward Petherbridges versions are on the link below. There are many mysteries on the channel, including Diana Rigg's The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries, which I liked but then Mrs Peel can do no wrong.... sigh.

http://www.youtube.com/user/starman2110#g/u

Used to have all of them but I guess they were removed... still there are a few British Mystery Themed Channels like above available 15 mins at a time. But I preload a few and keep them cascading in new tabs so can watch seamlessly.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    not on Youtube, but as a librarian I feel honor-bound to say that most of the PBS should be available at your local library.
    I think I have exhausted the library, although I have seen a lot there. that is why I am looking on youtube.
    Thanks for the ideas.

Mrs-M
    A few weeks ago I noticed full-length videos on Youtube had been removed. Blah... Favourites for me consisted of...
    • Sherlock Holmes.
    • Agatha Christie's Miss Marple.
    • Midsomer Murders.
    • Masterpiece Theatre/Mystery.
    • Inspector Morse.
    • Prime Suspect.
    • Poirot.
    • Inspector Lewis.
    • Inspector Lynley Mysteries.
    • Wallander.
    • Rebus.
    • Dalziel and Pascoe.
    • A touch of Frost.
    • Cracker.
    As an added bonus I've included the link below for those of you who like New Tricks, another BBC Drama/Mystery series. (Free for the watching).

http://www.tvo.org/TVO/WebObjects/TV...d?834084025001

Would Hulu have any of these? I recently watched the entire series of Doc Martin and Kingdom on Hulu.

Of the ones mentioned above, I really liked Prime Suspect and Cracker. Haven't seen most of the others. Wallander - You better have a strong stomach. I thought it was a bit much (what is it with the Swedes? It's like the Stieg Larsson movie I saw - jeez! Enough already!) I don't know if this would be on YouTube or Hulu, but I'm watching Downton Abbey on Netflix right now & it's great.

Thread Information