Thread: Canadian wildfires

Canadian wildfires

Anyone seen this?

https://weather.com/news/weather/vid...ames-draw-near

The guys says he will go back and rebuild because of all the memories...

I keep looking at pictures and video. We have a lot of links to Fort Mac here, as many people from this area work out there. The fire is shocking, and that video was from Wednesday. It has grown dramatically since then.

Time for the spring/summer wildland fire safety tip. If you live in a community exposed to such things, this here is a great resource for making your community more survivable"

http://www.firewise.org/?sso=0

Ugh, it is heart-wrenching. I have a dear friend who grew up in Fort McMurray, and just moved away last year. We had similar fires in Northern California last summer, except they were in more rural areas, 2 burning at once. The devastation is so complete. Even after the fire is out, it takes weeks to make the roads safe to travel again- leaning trees have to be cut, and power poles replaced, roads resurfaced in places, holes filled. Then people go back and don't even recognize their land because all that's left is ash, there are no "landmarks." The huge number of pets displaced here was gut-wrenching, too; some were never claimed because people were too traumatized; afraid to look for them and not find them, or to find them hurt.

WE live in the West so have experienced wildfires, etc. Once my good friend couldn't stay in her home so she and her kids moved in with us. I had my son's 2 big dogs, 4 small dogs and she came with 2 big dogs and a small one. Talk about a zoo . Thankfully they did not lose their home as they had just lost their 19 yo daughter. I always feel so bad for people when they have lost everything and especially when they couldn't find their pets.

it's unbelievable how fast fire can spread. It's literally on you within minutes. My heart goes out to those people.

Thread Information