Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all...

RoseQuartz

Red face Hello all...

I'm new here and I find this so awkward. I'm pretty shy IRL, and going off the discomfort I'm feeling right now- I guess I'm shy in semi-anonymous online forums too. I don't really know what to say about me, I'm in my late 30's and I live south of Seattle. I don't have an exciting story about having an epiphany about simple living; I grew up that way and I guess I'm trying to get some of that back.

Right now I'm working on simplifying food. Earlier in the year I simplified my relationships and mental health by leaving/deleting social media. (Ok, I do have a Ravelry account, but it's not for socializing.) My biggest interests as far as simple living go are: cutting spending, shedding excess stuff, and I guess finding other similar people to balance the mostly negative reactions I get IRL when I attempt to communicate my feelings, dreams, and ideas about simple living.

I joined here because I see evidence that I'm not alone and that could be really beneficial, sort of like soul fortification. So, hello!

Welcome! WE love getting new members.

Welcome RoseQuartz, I look forward to talking with you on the Forums. I think many of us here are introverted IRL, so you are in good company. As someone who was an avid rock collector in my younger years, I must say that I love your screen name!

Welcome from the other side of the country!
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Hello and welcome! I think you'll find a number of kindred spirits here.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Welcome!!!!

Thanks for posting, RoseQuartz. Look forward to your input.

Welcome, RoseQuartz, from another Washingtonian. I love your screen name, too! I hope you find inspiration here for your simple goals. I have! Look forward to learning more about and from you!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

RoseQuartz
    Thanks everyone. I'm really happy to be here.

Welcome from the other side of the pond!

Thread Information