Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman is selling the gun...

Zimmerman is selling the gun...

George Zimmerman’s name trended on Twitter late Wednesday night, and it will likely be filling most social newsfeeds throughout Thursday. That’s the day his auction begins — he’s selling the very gun he used to kill unarmed, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012. He calls the gun an “American Firearm Icon” and wrote that proceeds will be used to “fight [Black Lives Matter] violence against Law Enforcement officers” and to “ensure the demise of Angela Corey’s persecution career and Hillary Clinton’s anti-firearm rhetoric,” though he hasn’t expounded upon how.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/12/george-zimmermans-many-many-controversies-since-the-trayvon-martin-case/

How ridiculous.

That white Hispanic man seems to be a jerk.

Behind a spam wall.

Bidding got to $65m thanks to someone named Racist McShootface who was later determined to be a troll. Other than that the auction is going smoothly with real bidders wishing death to the children of the troll bidders.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/13/us/geo...n-gun-auction/

this is absolutely disgusting

I doubt he will donate the $. REal scum!

Williamsmith
    I just visited the auction site and found that the auction had been deleted again. Trolls are sabotaging the effort to sell the gun. The gun was listed with a starting bid of $100,000 and a buy it now price of $500,000. I agree that the sale of this gun is shameful, especially the way it was promoted but I think trolling with fake bids is just providing more publicity for a man who needs to be ignored. He thrives on attention and should not be afforded any.

There are ways to negate the offensive nature of this transaction. Not altogether but certainly somewhat. I believe that the best outcome here is that the gun is sold. If this gun does not remain in the possession of its owner, it will be a good thing. Once he does not possess it, he can not use it as a tool to open up old wounds again. But as important as it is to get sold, it is as important for the right type of person to buy it. I do not believe there are many legitimately interested in this gun.

There are countless individuals wealthy enough to purchase this firearm. If someone bought with the purpose of destroying it so that it never goes up for sale again.....I think that would be a good thing. Yes, the owner would profit but he has a right to sell the gun, profit from it and use the money any way he pleases. He was found not guilty and the Department of Justice failed to make a civil rights violation case against him.

But if the purchaser would hold the gun and fund raise donations toward the eventual publicized and documented destruction of this firearm, I believe at least as much money could be raised as is needed to actually buy the gun. If not more. Upon destruction, the money would be used for a college scholarship fund in the name of Trayvon Martin at say....the University of Miami.

In this way, something disgusting could be turned into something honorable.

A scholarship in the name of Travon Martin is a nice idea, WSmith. Its not a cause I would donate to, but that doesnt mean I would like to see the white hispanic man George Zimmerman contInue to pimp out that firearm.

enough already, George.

Thread Information