Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimmerman is selling the gun...

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    A scholarship in the name of Travon Martin is a nice idea, WSmith. Its not a cause I would donate to, but that doesnt mean I would like to see the white hispanic man George Zimmerman contInue to pimp out that firearm.

enough already, George.
    Iris, if I bought the gun and I asked you personally to donate something....you'd give me a few bucks I know you would. And I would promise to grow a Lilly on my patio in your honor.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    A scholarship in the name of Travon Martin is a nice idea, WSmith. Its not a cause I would donate to, but that doesnt mean I would like to see the white hispanic man George Zimmerman contInue to pimp out that firearm.

enough already, George.
    +1

I've resisted responding to this thread because I don't want it to take up any of my time or cyberspace. It doesn't deserve it. And that's all I have to say about that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    +1

I've resisted responding to this thread because I don't want it to take up any of my time or cyberspace. It doesn't deserve it. And that's all I have to say about that.
    No doubt a common response. I felt the same way for a couple days now. But then I started to feel like to ignore it for me was like getting pushed around by a bully. There are a lot of raw feelings that this incident exposed and a lot of fear of discussing it.

Which to me points out just how vulnerable we are to divisiveness. I don't think it portends well, for us as a nation when we can't look something in the eye and stare it down. I'm not wired that way. I see a pile of excrement , I figure somebody has to pick it up. I can't walk by and pretend it's not there. But I respect your approach as being just as valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Iris, if I bought the gun and I asked you personally to donate something....you'd give me a few bucks I know you would. And I would promise to grow a Lilly on my patio in your honor.
    ok, yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    In this way, something disgusting could be turned into something honorable.

For once I think it's you with the rose colored glasses and me being cynical. I don't think our society is this good right now, I'd be shocked if this could happen even if you attached a big Hollywood star

Thread Information