Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Zimmerman is selling the gun...

  1. #11
    Senior Member Williamsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Penns Woods
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    A scholarship in the name of Travon Martin is a nice idea, WSmith. Its not a cause I would donate to, but that doesnt mean I would like to see the white hispanic man George Zimmerman contInue to pimp out that firearm.

    enough already, George.
    Iris, if I bought the gun and I asked you personally to donate something....you'd give me a few bucks I know you would. And I would promise to grow a Lilly on my patio in your honor.

  2. #12
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VT/NJ
    Posts
    8,549
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    A scholarship in the name of Travon Martin is a nice idea, WSmith. Its not a cause I would donate to, but that doesnt mean I would like to see the white hispanic man George Zimmerman contInue to pimp out that firearm.

    enough already, George.
    +1

    I've resisted responding to this thread because I don't want it to take up any of my time or cyberspace. It doesn't deserve it. And that's all I have to say about that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  3. #13
    Senior Member Williamsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Penns Woods
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    +1

    I've resisted responding to this thread because I don't want it to take up any of my time or cyberspace. It doesn't deserve it. And that's all I have to say about that.
    No doubt a common response. I felt the same way for a couple days now. But then I started to feel like to ignore it for me was like getting pushed around by a bully. There are a lot of raw feelings that this incident exposed and a lot of fear of discussing it.

    Which to me points out just how vulnerable we are to divisiveness. I don't think it portends well, for us as a nation when we can't look something in the eye and stare it down. I'm not wired that way. I see a pile of excrement , I figure somebody has to pick it up. I can't walk by and pretend it's not there. But I respect your approach as being just as valid.

  4. #14
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Iris, if I bought the gun and I asked you personally to donate something....you'd give me a few bucks I know you would. And I would promise to grow a Lilly on my patio in your honor.
    ok, yep.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    In this way, something disgusting could be turned into something honorable.

    For once I think it's you with the rose colored glasses and me being cynical. I don't think our society is this good right now, I'd be shocked if this could happen even if you attached a big Hollywood star

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •