Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of Bill

People give a lot of credit to the Clintons and I just can't get on board with it.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    The Clintons make me sick.
    I don't entirely disagree with you though two things come to mind. The first is that I miss that wonderful economy we had many of the Clinton years. The second is that as I've said before, Hillary will not antagonize Mexico, thereby giving Americans access to affordable medical and dental and the human rights/human dignity this access affords. But I care for them as people less and less as time goes on. But I will of course vote for continued access to Mexican medical and dental through Hillary regardless. Definitely a vote for the lesser of the evils on offer, though. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Economically, times were good during the Clinton administration!
    True that. I wonder if that's how he got away with NAFTA......Rob

Time to reboot Firing Line for Williamsmith and LDAHL!
    I miss William F Buckley so much. I would have loved to see him sneering over the clipboard at Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I miss William F Buckley so much. I would have loved to see him sneering over the clipboard at Donald Trump.
    Talk about a contrast!

True that. I wonder if that's how he got away with NAFTA......
    in my more paranoid moments I think so. Sleight of hand and all that. Because you don't really see how bad the fundamentals of an economy are unless you are in a recession. Although there have been bad times when the fundamentals were strong (1929 maybe). But the fact that people were employed in a lot of boom industries during the Clinton and Bush eras made times seem more prosperous than they really were (although at least in the Clinton era it was dot coms, later during Bush it was vastly more ridiculous things like housing bubbles)
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't entirely disagree with you though two things come to mind. The first is that I miss that wonderful economy we had many of the Clinton years. The second is that as I've said before, Hillary will not antagonize Mexico, thereby giving Americans access to affordable medical and dental and the human rights/human dignity this access affords. But I care for them as people less and less as time goes on. But I will of course vote for continued access to Mexican medical and dental through Hillary regardless. Definitely a vote for the lesser of the evils on offer, though. Rob
    It's hard to think of any provocation that would cause Mexico to give up the revenue from the medical tourism trade.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Tough question: What do you think of Milo Yiannopoulos?

Tough question: What do you think of Milo Yiannopoulos?
    Wasn't he some blogger? I seem to remember he had some connection to the "gamergate" kerfuffle.

I just heard of Milo recently. But he is apparently supposed to be the new voice of the intellectual right, or some such.

After hearing of him, I read up on him a little bit and watched some of his speeches that he gave at colleges and in the media.

He is rather controversial.

Thread Information