Thread: Aspirin treatment for stroke

Aspirin treatment for stroke

Because stroke runs in my family, I've long kept aspirin at hand--in my bag, in my car, at my desk--just in case. This study suggests that's a good idea.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0518220612.htm

From the article:
    They found that almost all of the benefit of aspirin in reducing the risk of another stroke was in the first few weeks, and that aspirin also reduced the severity of these early strokes. Rather than the 15% overall reduction in longer-term risk reported previously in these trials, aspirin reduced the early risk of a fatal or disabling stroke by about 70-80% over the first few days and weeks.

Yes, I'm a baby-aspirin-a-day person. It's amazing what aspirin can do for you.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

aspirin and NSAIDS put me into anaphylactic shock which bums me out because I agree it is heart healthy

Good idea to have aspirin on hand in multiple places - I hadn't thought about that.

RoseQuartz
    Last edited by RoseQuartz; 6-16-16 at 4:05pm.

I don't because when I did I bruised more easily and it took forever for them to go away--hence the idea that the baby aspirin might not be good for me.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Strangely, we have gotten two very different answers about baby aspirin. Our family doctor was very very against them. The ortho sports medicine doctor suggested them. Since we had no other evidence of need, dropped them.

Thread Information