Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying out the KonMari Method

I enjoy using the folder and had the foam core and duct tape but couldn't be bothered to make one. Sometimes it is more about the enjoyment, the process, and getting the final result than in saving the pennies. I got her book from the library. No need to own it. So I guess they balance out.

TxZen
    Look on YOUTUBE..she has some videos herself posted.

Geila
    I looked up this folding method everyone is talking about and realized it's the method I learned in my days of retail folding!

RoseQuartz
    Last edited by RoseQuartz; 6-16-16 at 4:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TxZen View Post
    Look on YOUTUBE..she has some videos herself posted.
    +1
    Yes, No need to wait to get started...hit play on the videos she has up on YouTube. There are several videos others have posted of themselves throwing out things using the KonMari method. Good for a laugh and a few OMGs!

Back when I had lots of stuff I found it more rewarding to devote an entire day to purging because then you can really see the difference. Then that is motivating to keep going.

TxZen
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Back when I had lots of stuff I found it more rewarding to devote an entire day to purging because then you can really see the difference. Then that is motivating to keep going.
    This is my approach. I love seeing the difference after a few hours work!!!

Geila
    I'm afraid to do my clothes because I will be painfully aware of how much money I've wasted.

For those of you who've done the KonMari purging:

Did you actually take the time to touch every one of the items as you went through them? Do you think it made a difference?

And are we supposed to thank each departing item individually or the group as a whole?

It sounds so time consuming! I've read a lot of people say it changed their lives and so on, but ugh, sitting in the house going through stuff - no fun.

I'm not that motivated to declutter as dh and dd are packrats, and even if I got rid of nearly all MY things it, it would only be about 5% of the whole.

I skipped the thanking part. I did not put my clothes on the floor but touched them on their hangers and looked at them and decided. I knew right away which brought me joy to wear and which did not.

Thread Information