Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying out the KonMari Method

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I definitely remember Erma Bombeck. But wedding china may also be as much of a distant memory as she is now. I don't know if people care about china and crystal. I have boxes of Waterford glassware that I really don't want, but they probably don't even have much value now. I guess I could be like Tybee's mom and use the water glasses for my morning orange juice. Maybe a wine glass could be put in the bathroom for rinsing my teeth Being concerned about breaking them would take the fun out of using them, and I have a slightly rowdy family, so I'm not sure using them every day is a good idea for me right now. Maybe in another decade.
    Waterrford is classic and expensive and you could get something for it, b probably not what you expect. Besides, there is the packering and shipping problem

I got "wedding china"long before I was married and same for sterling. I still love the patterns as much as when
    I picked them out. And funny, my second choice still draws my eye, 35 years later. I would have been happy with that one, too. Both are still manufactured. But my silverware pattern is no less nger made. Its ok, there is a lot of it around and for sale, if I need some.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-18-16 at 10:25am.

OK, I tried the folding method in my long johns drawer, and guess what? It really worked! Everything fits so much better now!

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    OK, I tried the folding method in my long johns drawer, and guess what? It really worked! Everything fits so much better now!
    And guess what I JUST discovered today! I've been doing the folding method, which I love...

But I just learned that you can apply that to packing your suitcase! I travel a lot, and I'm always frustrated by how messed up my clothes get EVERY DAY because I have to dig out stuff I want to wear and I wind up having to repack every day. With the KonMari folding method, I can easily see and get the clothes I want without disturbing everything in the suitcase!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    And guess what I JUST discovered today! I've been doing the folding method, which I love...

But I just learned that you can apply that to packing your suitcase! I travel a lot, and I'm always frustrated by how messed up my clothes get EVERY DAY because I have to dig out stuff I want to wear and I wind up having to repack every day. With the KonMari folding method, I can easily see and get the clothes I want without disturbing everything in the suitcase!

Good job. I find folding tiny things like socks and undies annoying but like folding the bigger stuff. I have been busy but sometime this winter I want to do some more discarding.

I've started to use her folding method for my husband's shorts, pants, and boxers. It does make the drawers (no pun intended) much more orderly.

As for china, I love my wedding china, which I chose to use as everyday dishes when I picked out the pattern. I probably don't need all the teacups and saucers, so I'm deciding whether to only keep a few or to keep the whole set. They don't take up much room, at least.

But the crystal--I have 12 crystal wine goblets and only have ever used 7 at most at once. I also have, ridiculously, margarita glasses--two sets of four and five--that were wedding gifts. We used to use them when we were first married but really only in the first year of marriage. DH doesn't drink hard liquor almost ever, and when he does, it's not a margarita. I'm the one who likes tequila, but I'm really more of a bottle of beer or glass of wine type myself. I mean, margarita glasses? The only reason I hesitate to discard them is that the kids liked to drink lemonade out of them -- but they haven't done that in a few years, I think, and besides, I never liked it b/c they invariably spill it and make a mess and I'm sitting there worried that it's going to break as they slosh it all over the place. If I got rid of them, I'll have to do it when no one else is around to stop me. I also have old champagne saucer glasses that I bought at flea markets, which we use every New Year's to toast (kids drink Martinelli's sparkling apple cider). Those are fun. But maybe I'll just take the margarita glasses out now and put them in a bag/box while I'm working from home today with no one to stop me . . .

For anyone who wants to cut down on the size and weight of their CD collection, I use these and love them: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FTJL7U...oding=UTF8&me=

The disc and inserts easily fit in them (even two discs will fit) and they take up hardly any space at all. All my discs now fit in a decorative photo box.

That's a cool idea, pony mom, and you can use dividers in the box to alphabetize.

Quote Originally Posted by TVRodriguez View Post
    I've started to use her folding method for my husband's shorts, pants, and boxers. It does make the drawers (no pun intended) much more orderly.

As for china, I love my wedding china, which I chose to use as everyday dishes when I picked out the pattern. I probably don't need all the teacups and saucers, so I'm deciding whether to only keep a few or to keep the whole set. They don't take up much room, at least.

But the crystal--I have 12 crystal wine goblets and only have ever used 7 at most at once. I also have, ridiculously, margarita glasses--two sets of four and five--that were wedding gifts. We used to use them when we were first married but really only in the first year of marriage. DH doesn't drink hard liquor almost ever, and when he does, it's not a margarita. I'm the one who likes tequila, but I'm really more of a bottle of beer or glass of wine type myself. I mean, margarita glasses? The only reason I hesitate to discard them is that the kids liked to drink lemonade out of them -- but they haven't done that in a few years, I think, and besides, I never liked it b/c they invariably spill it and make a mess and I'm sitting there worried that it's going to break as they slosh it all over the place. If I got rid of them, I'll have to do it when no one else is around to stop me. I also have old champagne saucer glasses that I bought at flea markets, which we use every New Year's to toast (kids drink Martinelli's sparkling apple cider). Those are fun. But maybe I'll just take the margarita glasses out now and put them in a bag/box while I'm working from home today with no one to stop me . . .
    If you read through this again, I think you've answered your own question! I'm sure by now you've taken care of them. Good going.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    If you read through this again, I think you've answered your own question! I'm sure by now you've taken care of them. Good going.
    Thanks, beckyliz!

They're gone!

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    For anyone who wants to cut down on the size and weight of their CD collection, I use these and love them: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FTJL7U...oding=UTF8&me=

The disc and inserts easily fit in them (even two discs will fit) and they take up hardly any space at all. All my discs now fit in a decorative photo box.
    This is neat!

I like the idea. I still am keeping my CD cases b/c I like to look at the spines as they sit in their cases so I can choose one without flipping.

Thread Information