Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Purge

June Purge

I started the month with pulling two huge boxes of books and DVDs for donation to our library. Got more to do but this was the start.

I'm continuing with my purge every day approach. So far - two hangers yesterday and a very large lump of tangled baling twine today. Also threw away some random bits and pieces from my classroom.

Yesterday I finished going thru the stuff that had been dislocated in the garage. I purged 2 large bags of recycling, 1 bag of trash, 1 box to Goodwill, and broke down a bunch of cardboard boxes which I gave to my neighbor who takes them in and gets cash for them at the recycling center.

I decorated the new empty garage wall (which is finished with drywall and painted white) with some pretty decorations I'd had boxed up and now I can enjoy it every time I go in there. It's next to my laundry and the outside door so I get to enjoy it quite a bit.

Genial, that sounds great!

I'm still working my "every day" system. It seems like I should be able to see a difference after more than 30 days, but many of the things I've gotten rid of have been small.

i do see a difference in me though! Here is a short list of things that have been recategorized as "things I throw away if I don't need them now" from "things that I save because they might be useful": twist ties, empty feed bags, empty plastic food containers, used straws, used baling twine, bottle caps, and sterile syringe containers.

today I threw away some broken stone and tile pieces that have been sitting in my barn for more than 5 years because they might be useful for a project.

Today while waiting on the internet repair guy, got a 2 foot stack of clippings organized into the file cabinet. Next step is to take one big category and make it smaller. In reality, there are a lot of duplicate patterns for quilts just done in different sizes or colors. Don't need all of them.

Also tamed the past tax return monster and got more paper in the shred file. Did find the piece of siding we saved to have paint matched for the new siding. Should have kept a smaller piece.

TxZen
    We FINALLY purged my son's room. He wants a more grown up room, at his ripe old age of 10.5. 1 FULL bag of trash and 1 bag of donations.

I have cleaned out a lot of my digital items on my computer and organized some of the photos I have. Feels great!!!

Am donating a chair, floor lamp, fold-up futon base, and a round wood dining table. It's going to a good cause: young single moms.

Next purge will be month end when I have some days off.

I am doing great with the purge something every day, and I am doing a lot of cleaning and organizing in anticipation of Dd's wedding next weekend - family will start arriving on Friday.

i am also very hyper aware that Friday morning is trash puck up - so I need to get the trash and recycling gathered up as much as I can this week and get it up to the curb Thursday night!

my list just keeps getting longer and longer and longer as I see more and more things that need to be done!

Gave away six jars of spices which I had duplicates of or didn't think I would use. Tossed about four packages of stuff from the freezer which I feared was too old to be safe to eat. Total for month: 10.

I don't know if this qualifies as purging, but I removed two bookcases from the dining area that were making it look crowded. 1 was holding reference books so that went into the library/guest room where we have most of the books. In there it fits right in. We hardly ever use those reference books; I don't know why I didn't think to move it before. Bookcase 2 went into the garage to hold all the pet related items - grooming, canned food, etc. Much better use of it there than in the dining area where it tended to collect all the things that we were too lazy to put back where they belonged.

Now the dining area looks bright and airy. I put up a couple of colorful art pieces that had been in storage and now the room pops with color.

Thread Information