Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: June Purge

Next step in June purge: Went thru our enormous cabinet of DVDs and such. Got a big box to leave the house. I am asking myself why some of these were bought in the first place. Good lesson. Also have a stack to watch and donate. Have told husband not to buy any more "because I might like them".

I am keeping up with the daily trash/recycle/goodwill box again.

today I worked in the basement mostly, although one of my items was out in the studio/shop barn. I picked it up in passing.

I love that you "picked (it) up in passing" something to dispose of! I always consider those bonuses when it happens to me that I just notice something that should go, in passing.

A bedrest pillow, a sack of books, and pairs of unused athletic socks are in the car waiting to be donated. Onward and upward.

Donated a bag of women's and men's clothing to Goodwill, along with a fancy hat only worn once.

I think that's another business that could make money: women's hat rentals for social occasions like formal parties, weddings, etc. I know you can rent formal dresses, and maybe accessories too, but if hats aren't included they should be!

I got rid of six bags of old sheets, towels, and clothes, plus an old computer and two old tivos. And best of all i used dry cleaner bags for the clothes. (I collect them for packing dress clothes when i travel for work. But i dont think i'll ever go on a trip long enough to need 8...)

I am still keeping up. Yesterday was hard because I was really busy all day, but then in the evening I remembered I still had child sized knee and elbow pads saved "just in case" in the barn. - to the goodwill pile!

my recycling bin is stacked up as full as I can get it and it doesn't go up to the road until tomorrow night! Meanwhile, the bag for paper in the kitchen closet is almost full. I don't think I've ever gotten this far ahead of the bin before. I cleaned out a bunch of "useful" plastic bottles and small cardboard. (Big cardboard gets laid under used bedding for mulch)

Thread Information