Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bike/foot commute

I am super impressed with that 6-7 minute walking commute. My dream commute. Maybe you should invest in those gripper things for bottom of your boots--they are like chains only for boots? Yak Trax is one.

A large portion of my walk is through my development, which may or may not be plowed/salted at 6:30 am. I've been told that the ice is really bad at the employee entrance behind my work building; several people slip and fall every winter. No one will be there that early to salt it either. I've got my LL Bean Storm Chaser shoes, which of course, like anything else, will be useless on ice. Walking in snowpiles may be safer unless I have those gripper things.

I can't walk or bike anywhere along the 12 mile commute to work. I'm stuck driving and I hate it.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I walk to work. My commute takes approximately 14 seconds in the morning--from bedroom to home office. Traffic gets heavier in the evening, when I have to walk upstairs from the kitchen. Sometimes I have to dodge a cat who is not obeying the traffic laws, or get waylaid by a highwayman (DH) who wants a giant and lengthy hug before I get back to work!

Congratulations to Gardenarian too!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I would love to have an alternative. I drive and often have to go from place to place during the day. I have a lease until next June and then if my son moves out I am considering moving closer to my work site so I could bike some of the time. My commute is better when I make sure I have a snack. I start driving home between 6 and 6:30 so having a drink and a small snack sure helps. When I think ahead I also try to get something like a pod-cast

Thread Information