Thread: Life...

TxZen

Life...

So y'all..how have all y'all been?

Between the flooding, the loss of another friend-young woman to cancer ( 44 years old), college, kiddo and dealing with my hubby's almost killed him but didn't work injury, life just seems to be stuck in the mud right now, but I am up to the challenge!!!

I've missed y'all. Trying to catch up. I don't have much of a break, as I start summer semester on Monday, but I thought I would check in and see what everyone is up too.

Decluttering and zen-ifying has continued at a huge pace. I have now released over 50% of the stuff we had left after our break in in our home and I am enjoying the space. I have redone my son's room. He wanted something cooler, more grown up for his life of almost 11 years. We are on the hunt for a new couch and chairs for the living room. The good thing is people have been so kind to give us stuff and I passed it along to some people affected by the flooding here.

Clothing- I have purged down to or returned some lemons of pieces of clothing that didn't work, to mostly black, white, some denim/blue, and a little pink. Just picked up an AWESOME perfect pink leather jacket that I am drooling over everyday. I did buy some new shoes- leather pumps and another pair of pink Birkenstocks. I love them!!! I also purchased 3 dresses to wear when I substitute.

Neighbors update- only had 1 weird incident and I was so direct with her, as in get out, that she was floored. I had a party with some people my hubby works with. We rented a water slide/jumpy house for my son and the other kiddos. Within 2 hours, the nosey neighbor mom came over and was like "Are you having a party?" Um..nope...seriously? Who has the balloons to do that? My guests were all looking at her like WTF? If we were being loud, blocking driveways or otherwise, I can understand. She only came over to be nosey. It was the weirdest behavior ever. I told her I had to attend to my invited guests and kinda closed the door on her. I have never had anyone do that in my almost 42 years on this planet.

So how are y'all?

Hi there! Glad to hear things are going well for you (despite your curious neighbor.)

Your neighbor is so bizarre. So sad to hear about your young friend dying and your DH's accident. All of those things are tough. Good for you on all your hard work on clothes and home.

TxZen
    Thanks y'all..yes the neighbors are still being strange. Just hoping to avoid them as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by TxZen View Post
    Thanks y'all..yes the neighbors are still being strange. Just hoping to avoid them as much as I can.
    Thanks for the update on your neighbors. They are weird!

Yes life is like that! Im glad everything is okay! According to Bruce Lee, the meaning of life is to be lived. So on we go and all the adventures with it!

Sounds like neighbor just wants badly to be friends, and does it badly.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I was wondering about you just last week! Missed your posts....you keep us entertained. So sorry about your husband's injury. If I remember right he is in law enforcement. That must be a constant worry.
    Glad you are doing well through all of this.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

TxZen
    Glad I can entertain!! The thing about the neighbors are they are REALLY REALLY REALLY nosey. Gladys Kravitz seems like a librarian to them. LOL
    Yes, hubby is a police officer. He was coming home on his work bike, in uniform, and a lady turned right into him and he went flying- broke his ankle and thank goodness he is alive!!!

Oh boy, sorry about your DH's injury, but glad he is alive!

That neighbor . . . oy.

Nice on the decluttering continuing for you. I only got through all our clothes and then stopped. Have much decluttering to do over here. Sounds like a sweet pink jacket!

Wishing a good summer semester for you!

Thread Information