Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Massacre in Orlando......

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Really?
    Dang! She showed you.

Williamsmith
    What's this got to do with an Islamic inspired terrorist gunning down gays in a nightclub simply because his God doesn't think they should be kissing?

It's demonstrating that his deadly bias is not confined to Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Dang! She showed you.
    Not really. I couldn't find a reference to any US Legislators lobbying African Nations in the story linked.
    I'm guessing you didn't read it though.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    Isn't that like complaining about the Nazis on the morning of the Pearl Harbor attack?

Not really. I couldn't find a reference to any US Legislators lobbying African Nations in the story linked.
    I'm guessing you didn't read it though.
    I am not bored enough to read it but I am bored enough to make immature comments. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    I am not bored enough to read it but I am bored enough to make immature comments. hahaha
    True Dat!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

True Dat!
    LOL!!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129422524

The American politicians here belong to a semi-secret organization called The Family, many of whom live together in a property on C Street in Washington DC.

From the article:

"It was a very chilling moment, because I'm sitting there with this man who's talking about his plans for genocide, and has demonstrated over the period of my relationship with him that he's not some back bencher — he's a real rising star in the movement," Sharlet says. "This was something that I hadn't understood before I went to Uganda, that this was a guy with real potential and real sway and increasingly a following in Uganda."

And he has connections to American leaders. Sharlet explains that Bahati is one of the Uganda leaders of an American evangelical movement called the Fellowship, or the Family — the secretive fellowship of powerful Christian politicians who wield considerable political influence, both in Washington and abroad.

"I discovered ... that there was this very direct relationship," Sharlet says. "And [the Fellowship members] are emphatic and saying: 'We haven't killed any gay people in Uganda. This isn't what we had in mind. We didn't pull the trigger.' And that's true. They didn't pull the trigger. But there's a sense in which they built the gun, which was this institutional idea of government being decided by small groups of elite leaders like Bahati, getting together and trying to conform government to their idea of Biblical law. And this is what their American benefactors wanted them to do."

Sharlet has written extensively about the Family, whose members include senators and representatives. He's the author of The Family and the forthcoming book, C Street: The Fundamentalist Threat to American Democracy. Sharlet is a contributing editor for Harper's Magazine and Rolling Stone. His work has also appeared in The Washington Post and Mother Jones

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Primarily. There have been a number of legislators traveling to Africa to talk up anti-gay laws--that include executions--in the last few years.
    From People.com

" Texas Lt. Governor r Dan Patrickfaced a social media backlash for what some perceive as anti-gay commentary after Sunday's
    mass shooting at a popular Orlando, Florida, gay nightclub.

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows," Patrick tweeted Sunday morning, quoting the Bible, hours after a mass shooting at Orlando's Pulse which left at least 50 people dead and 53 injured. Officials have called the attack the deadliest mass shooting in American history."

but his tweet was not about the Orlando tragedy. The verse was programmed last week to go up on Twitter and Facebook on Sunday. An accident of timing. Not the malicious Fundy reaction people love.

Thread Information