Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: We’re 164 days into 2016. We’ve had 133 mass shootings.

Article: We’re 164 days into 2016. We’ve had 133 mass shootings.

I got as far as their description of five "mass shootings" on a single day this year (Feb. 20). Three of those were instances in which only one person was killed. Not to take anything away from the tragedy of those deaths, but if we are going to look for real solutions to this problem we need some in depth analysis of the events. Headline grabbing sensationalism isn't going to help anyone.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Headline grabbing sensationalism isn't going to help anyone.
    It helps the people baiting for clicks.

Q: how many firearms are there in civilian hands in America?

Q: how many of those are used in illegal shootings each year?

Q: How many land mines are in civilian hands in America?
    Q: How many land mine deaths are there every year in America?

Q: How many exploding gas tank ford pintos are sold by Ford each year?
    Q: How many new Ford Pintos have gas tanks that explode?

Q: why do fire fighters wear steel toe boots?
    Q: How many toeless fire fighters are there?

Q: Who is sick to the puke point of being bullied into silence over the proliferation of guns in the US and the resulting THOUSANDS of gun deaths each year (illegal ones that number in the thousands)

yes, I know, second amendment and all....clearly time to rewrite the second amendment. The abuse of this 'right' has gone on long enough.

Oh, and by the way, there were several 'good guys' with guns there. Also time to find a different excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post

Q: Who is sick to the puke point of being bullied into silence over the proliferation of guns in the US and the resulting THOUSANDS of gun deaths each year (illegal ones that number in the thousands)

yes, I know, second amendment and all....clearly time to rewrite the second amendment. The abuse of this 'right' has gone on long enough.

Oh, and by the way, there were several 'good guys' with guns there. Also time to find a different excuse.
    Would you be in favor of banning Democrats from owning guns? That would eliminate approximately 90% of gun violence.
    If not, would you be in favor of going the other way banning gun free zones? That would eliminate the government mandated soft targets these folks seem to prefer.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251

The number of Australia's mass shootings dropped from 11 in the decade before 1996, to zero in the years since.
    And although the laws were designed specifically to reduce mass shootings, the rates of homicide and suicide have also come down since 1996.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post

And if someone had just taken all the guns off of the Nazis, all those Jews wouldn't have died. Gimmie a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Would you be in favor of banning Democrats from owning guns? That would eliminate approximately 90% of gun violence.
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    ??
    Perhaps he is implying that:
    1. Most gun violence is black on black crime and since black vote overwhelmingly democrat then simply banning blacks from owning guns would cut gun violence way, way down.
    2. But he also may have a meta-implication embedded in that statement as well, and that is that you know darn well that banning blacks from owning guns will not actually keep them from owning guns because they usually get their guns illegally.
    3. It is also a rhetorical trap because banning blacks from owning guns is racist, which is something Democrats are against.

Remember, I am a good liberal. So I don't believe this stuff. I am just explaining what might be being implied or in the subtext of that statement.

Thread Information