Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell

Williamsmith

Farewell

I don't believe in attending a party and sneaking out without thanking the host. It has been entertaining to have shared thoughts, ideas and personal stories with the other members here. I want to thank you all for taking the time to create a little gathering of simplicity here. I have tried to be tolerant when necessary, and on occasion perhaps a little confrontational, again when necessary. But it is time to move on. Your hospitality has been much appreciated.

I would like to share with you a final thought and a little humor. I like to try to find the humor in life's tragedies. I believe we place way to much emphasis on our possessions. We gripe way too much about life's challenges while being the most blessed people on the planet. Yet we scarcely can find a more pessimistic group anywhere in the world despite all of our luxury.

This little cartoon gave me quite a chuckle today. It shows a hopeless situation framed by eternal optimism. I have been there. We are all in this together.

I wish for you all, ......quiet......contentedness.......and complete fulfillment in your simple living days ahead.

Peace be with you,

Williamsmith

I am very sorry to see you go. Youalways providd a rational view and good insights.

Thanks for letting us know.

I'm sorry to see you go too, Williamsmith. I appreciate your thoughtful perspective. We don't come to the same conclusions about everything, but it would be a pretty dull world if we were all the same.

Fair winds,
    Mary

Sorry to hear this, Williamsmith, I've found your observations and insight quite thoughtful.

Shoot, Williamsmith. Did we drive away yet another valued contributor? I am very sorry to see you go. Thank you for your thoughts and wisdom.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I don't believe in attending a party and sneaking out without thanking the host. It has been entertaining to have shared thoughts, ideas and personal stories with the other members here. I want to thank you all for taking the time to create a little gathering of simplicity here. I have tried to be tolerant when necessary, and on occasion perhaps a little confrontational, again when necessary. But it is time to move on. Your hospitality has been much appreciated.

I would like to share with you a final thought and a little humor. I like to try to find the humor in life's tragedies. I believe we place way to much emphasis on our possessions. We gripe way too much about life's challenges while being the most blessed people on the planet. Yet we scarcely can find a more pessimistic group anywhere in the world despite all of our luxury.

This little cartoon gave me quite a chuckle today. It shows a hopeless situation framed by eternal optimism. I have been there. We are all in this together.

I wish for you all, ......quiet......contentedness.......and complete fulfillment in your simple living days ahead.

Peace be with you,

Williamsmith
    Nooooo!

This place needs your wisdom. I urge you to reconsider.

His wisdom was deep. But perhaps he didn't want to be someone's "project".

Thank you for letting us know. Be well and find your own contentment. Your contributions have taught me a lot and considerable understanding of the current states of thought.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Peace out dude! Had to throw that in, thank you for not ghosting the group

Sorry to see you go. Just wanted to mention again that you have such a talent for writing.......I hope you nurture that talent and share it with others.
    Thanks for your input here. Wish you would stay. Maybe you'll come back some time in the future.

Thread Information