Thread: Travel Can Be Cheap.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Travel Can Be Cheap.....

I just had some incredible travel luck I wanted to share. I found out yesterday on my AM hotel job that my hours are being cut back in July and August. That bummed me out and with how hot it has been in Phoenix lately it was really a downer. I got an email yesterday from someone I know from the neighborhood that moved to Denver inviting me up for a visit. This downed me too as the fare from Phoenix to Denver is usually high.

I went online and checked out airfares on Southwest anyway and found that I could fly Phoenix to Denver and back for 71.96 round trip!!!!! That is a deal, a steal. I made the arrangements getting four days off at work and staying with my old neighbors in Denver and my husband will be with me for two of the four days. Anyway, cheap airfare, a free place to stay, my only real cost will be some meals for this family and myself and my husband and entry to the Denver Mint and the Denver Art Museum.

So looking forward to Denver! Rob

What a great deal! WE always invite people to stay with us to help them keep their costs down. That way you also only have to eat some meals out and not all of them which also helps with cost.

DH is going to Switzerland in a cheap airfare, going with his sister to visit aunties for about two weeks before they die.They will stay with relatives. I think he's going to be able to do this trip to one the most expensive European countries for around $1,000.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-22-16 at 9:09am.

That is such a cheap fare! Have you been to denver before? It's changed a lot since i was a kid but i still think it's a pretty awesome city. I hope you have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    That is such a cheap fare! Have you been to denver before? It's changed a lot since i was a kid but i still think it's a pretty awesome city. I hope you have a great time!
    I was in Denver once in 1986 and I remember liking it but I didn't get to see that much. I remember a big street mall, the Mint (which you could then just do a walk up tour for) and really nice summer weather. There was no tourism rush back then due to legal marijuana and there was no light rail that I remember. The changes should be interesting, I'm guessing rhere's a wide mix of people visiting the place now. Rob

PS....Came back to add that fare screamed pack a bag and run.....way cheaper than Greyhound even!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    DH is going to Switzerland in a cheap airfare, going with his sister to visit aunties for about two weeks before they die.They will stay with relatives. I think he's going to be able to do this trip to one the most expensive European countries for around $1,000.
    Wow! That's not bad at all, IL. Rob

TxZen
    That's great!!! I always say travel when you can!!! It can be done on a budget and the memories and experiences are worth every penny!!!

Went on a road trip recently. Stopped at the state line and got hotel discounts booklets (2). NICE hotels for $57-62, including a hot breakfast. Worth checking out!!!

Wow, that's a great price! I hope you get some relief from the heat in Denver.

Thread Information