Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: A Big Decision Looming....

Yeeha, I just took the first trunk load of STUFF to Salvation Army! Man, it feels SO good to purge all these little weird odds 'n ends that clutter up space when you've have more space than you really need. Much of it I probably got while thrifting anyway, so from whence it came. I'm completing the circle.

I have about five weeks to get myself ready for this move, so right now I am rampaging through the easy stuff to get rid of. The hard part will be all my old artwork, and hundreds of photos and other memorabilia. I need to find a corner in someone's basement to stash the artwork I want to keep but can't take with me for the next few years. We'll see how that part of the de-cluttering journey goes...

My entire life will be reduced to what will fit in a Honda Accord and a 4x8ft cargo trailer. I plotted out the dimensions using masking tape on the floor of my extra bedroom so I can visualize how much space I will have. I am being merciless when it comes to much of my things!
    Last edited by SiouzQ.; 7-2-16 at 9:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I plotted out the dimensions using masking tape on the floor of my extra bedroom so I can visualize how much space I will have.
    That's smart. I always meant to do that, and it never happened. Though my last move was plane/mail, not U-Haul so it ended up not mattering.

So excited for you that you are making it real.

Congratulations! It sounds like a terrific opportunity, and it's good to see someone not cowed by the comfort of the status quo.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I am so proud of you. My hero you are!

Have you always resided in Michigan? What a change from the Mitten.

Not always, born and breed here but moved to Richmond, VA in the mid '80's for a few years for graduate school, and then to Iowa City, in the early '90's for two years, followed a very brief stint in the UP. But I've been in southeastern lower MI for the last 24 years. I love it because it's home but I also have been feeling quite stifled and stuck here for a long time.

SiouzQ, saw in one of the threads that there was a chance your dishes might not fit in the moving vehicle. If so with all the incredible pottery in New Mexico, I bet you can find some new very artful dishes!

Thread Information