Thread: Dropping $500 on a bike

Dropping $500 on a bike

Welp... I am doing it. On July 1st I am buying a new bike -- a "comfort bike."

My current bike is not comfortable -- it is difficult on my bum elbow and bum shoulder and bum bum.

So I decided to finally make a move and buy one, a Giant Sedona. The cost makes me stagger a bit at $500.

But the reviews are good -- no spandex needed. I can take it on most any terrain, one year warranty on parts, a free tune up after a year, lifetime adjustments, etc. all at the bike shop 1.3 miles from my apartment.

Buying anything is unsettling to me, especially when it is in excess of $100.

Sounds great, UA! Enjoy. I would think that one of the advantages of being a minimalist is being able to spend your life energy on just a few high quality things. I think that $500 is well-spent!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Money well spent!

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    Money well spent!
    I hope so.

I looked it up. Looks like a nice good quality bike that will fit your purposes. Enjoy!

It ended up being $474, actually -- after taxes. Now I have a 7-31 day wait for it to ship in and get assembled.

I'm not a great fan of Mister Money Moustache, but he did have a good series of articles on bicycling, which of course has budget suggestions in the articles. You might do a search on "bicycling" on their home page and see if there is something of interest, UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I'm not a great fan of Mister Money Moustache, but he did have a good series of articles on bicycling, which of course has budget suggestions in the articles. You might do a search on "bicycling" on their home page and see if there is something of interest, UL.
    Excellent selection. Thanks!

Thread Information