Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

How did the cops know you were white when you called? Or, did your gf assume that once they got there, and you told them you were the one to call, they would take it seriously as opposed to if she had done the same thing? Is it also possible that gf was afraid that onlookers would consider it to be a "black issue" if the triangle was black kid/black parent/black caller?

In any case, that's really sad, but unfortunately believable.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    How did the cops know you were white when you called?
    T says I have a "very white-sounding voice," which I'd say is true.

Or, did your gf assume that once they got there, and you told them you were the one to call, they would take it seriously as opposed to if she had done the same thing?
    Maybe, she did not say though. We left the area once the cops arrived. It all transpired very quickly.

Is it also possible that gf was afraid that onlookers would consider it to be a "black issue" if the triangle was black kid/black parent/black caller?
    Again, maybe. Who knows? T did not say much about the incident after it all happened. She may have been concerned that the cops could think we were part of the family or something, is that what you are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    She may have been concerned that the cops could think we were part of the family or something, is that what you are asking?
    No, more that it would heighten the possibility of prejudicial attitudes among the onlookers.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

No, more that it would heighten the possibility of prejudicial attitudes among the onlookers.
    Good question.

Did the cops do anything when they got there?
    I think I would have yelled at the guy.......no matter what his size. But I tend to become a warrior when my adrenaline goes up........whether that's good or bad......

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Did the cops do anything when they got there?
    Not sure...

I wanted to add something sort of off-topic. We tend to go to this local restaurant on many Saturdays for dinner. It's mostly a white crowd, but there's always a couple blacks. Everyone is usually well-behaved. When DH and I walked in (you're supposed to get your own seat), We saw 2 tables with 4 older black people each. They were being very loud, so we sat a few tables away, so we could hear each other better. But after they got their food, they quieted down. They weren't being obnoxious.......just loud. Anyhow.......I found it very interesting that as others (whites) came in, they headed towards that area, and then stopped and sat further away. Just an observation.
    But.....I can sort of understand your girlfriend not wanting to be associated with the abusive black man. On the other hand, I feel that people like that black man maybe would listen more to another black person??
    It's a difficult situation, when you're just wanting to have a peaceful, quiet dinner. But I do think I would have yelled at him.....at a safe distance.

I generally sit away from loud people, regardless of demographics.

I think I probably could have gotten hurt if I confronted the linebacker.

But my white male privilege made the cops respond fast.
    Oh BS.

Were that true, this incident (see below) discussed all over my neghborhood last week where a white man was attacked by a group of 30 black kids would have brought the cops faster than the half hour it took for them to get there. And then they dissed the guy's veracity.

This guy is active in the community garden down the street feom his house and he volunteers in dog rescue. He is a solid citizen.

The Ferguson Effect is real.

OP, I know that you love to devolve into to race baiting posts to ease your boredom at your government paid job. Since Ive lived in the epicenter of black/white racial tension for 25 years, your posts are not new info or thought provoking, they are simply provoking.

ST. LOUIS (AP) _ A 44-year-old St. Louis man is recovering after an unprovoked attack by a group of boys.
    The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the victim was unloading groceries from his car Saturday night when he was suddenly attacked, punched in the back of the head and punched in the eye.
    The attack happened in the city’s McKinley Heights neighborhood. The victim says the boys were about 10 to 15 years old.
    Police say they don’t have any suspects. The victim refused medical treatment.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-5-16 at 4:28pm.

Just by yelling at him without being too close? This is to ua's last post.

Thread Information