Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    What would you do?
    How was the perch? Was there cobbler?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Just by yelling at him without being too close?
    We were already close. The patio seating we were at was like 5 yards away from him.

And have you ever been chased by someone?

And have you ever been chased by someone?
    Have you ever killed someone with your bare hands? Felt them struggle to the last, as life escaped them?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    How was the perch? Was there cobbler?
    The perch was excellent! I cannot remember if there was cobbler on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh BS.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Were that true, this incident (see below) discussed all over my neghborhood last week where a white man was attacked by a group of 30 black kids would have brought the cops faster than the half hour it took for them to get there. And then they dissed the guy's veracity.

This guy is active in the community garden down the street feom his house and he volunteers in dog rescue. He is a solid citizen.
    I am sorry to hear about your friend. Is there a link to a news article about the incident?

The Ferguson Effect is real.
    What is this? I am not familiar.

Maybe, maybe not.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. Is there a link to a news article about the incident?

What is this? I am not familiar.
    i added the news article to my post above. There was a predictibly hot Nextdoor discussion about Todd's attack with most people being reasonable but as it heated up, the gun discussion came up and one hand wringer cried (paraphrasing) "and how would you feel if your 14 year old son was killed by a gun for simply pushing a man to the ground. " There are not enough eye rolls in the world for me to express my distain for this keyboard social warrior.

This attack took place 1.5 blocks from where DH and I regularly hang out for hours, working in our gardens. The attack engendered a realistic discussin of what happens if the gang threatens one of us. i think stay outside of the fence, stay out in the open, he thinks go behind the fence and slam the gate. But I think the little m-----f------- could easily climb the fence, so it is safer to be out where cars are driving by and people can see and call 911. Of course in that neighborhood that would be hit or miss.

As far as The Ferguson Effect there is this thing called Google...try it. You will find the Ferguson Effect right up your alley, providing lotsa grist for the race baiting mill.

I think you did the right thing. Local police respond to domestic violence all the time and people aren't shy about reporting it, either.

Oh BS.

Were that true, this incident (see below) discussed all over my neghborhood last week where a white man was attacked by a group of 30 black kids would have brought the cops faster than the half hour it took for them to get there. And then they dissed the guy's veracity.

This guy is active in the community garden down the street feom his house and he volunteers in dog rescue. He is a solid citizen.

The Ferguson Effect is real.

OP, I know that you love to devolve into to race baiting posts to ease your boredom at your government paid job. Since Ive lived in the epicenter of black/white racial tensin for 25 years, your posts are not new or thought provoking, they are simply provoking.

ST. LOUIS (AP) _ A 44-year-old St. Louis man is recovering after an unprovoked attack by a group of boys.
    The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the victim was unloading groceries from his car Saturday night when he was suddenly attacked, punched in the back of the head and punched in the eye.
    The attack happened in the city’s McKinley Heights neighborhood. The victim says the boys were about 10 to 15 years old.
    Police say they don’t have any suspects. The victim refused medical treatment.
    I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your friend.

Before you get too deep in criticizing me I want you to know that Dr. Bob was my friend when I lived in Toledo.
    http://www.toledoblade.com/local/200...influence.html

IL, please read the article. I read the one you posted and all the comments too.

I just finished a book by Jill Leovy, called Ghettoside (I would probably have called it "Ghettocide," because that was the gist of it, but the title referred to a particular unit of LA police detectives.) It followed detectives as they undertook the difficult task of working in a virtual war zone where witnesses were hard to come by--due to their understandable reluctance to put their lives on the line to testify--and where police had historically looked the other way, tacitly encouraging violence.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I just finished a book by Jill Leovy, called Ghettoside (I would probably have called it "Ghettocide," because that was the gist of it, but the title referred to a particular unit of LA police detectives.) It followed detectives as they undertook the difficult task of working in a virtual war zone where witnesses were hard to come by--due to their understandable reluctance to put their lives on the line to testify--and where police had historically looked the other way, tacitly encouraging violence.
    It is reality that middle class neighborhoods get better police coverage because they openly value police presence, they cooperate with police, they celebrate police.

I really do not know what cops are supposed to do in bad neighborhoods where witnesses refuse to cooperate. If the black community doesnt value itself, why would anyone else place value there?

We had a highly publicized black on white crime a few years ago when the "knock out" game was at its height. A gang of black youths beat a white man. They caught the perps, a bystander identified perps, slam dunk court case. Only oops, the bystander later refused to testify. Perps got out to beat and rob again. fortunately in these situations the cops know the perps very well and watch closely for them to slip up and sooner or later, they slip up.

Thread Information