Thread: Aging skin

Aging skin

Seems like I suddenly got old. The skin on my arms has become so fragile recently. Both arms always have those purple marks, when I may have bumped them and it bled under the skin.

A couple weeks ago, I went to open the mailbox and I bummed my arm slightly......not even enough to think about.......and I looked down and there was about an inch area of skin torn back. I cleaned it up and laid the skin back down and covered with a bandage, but dang.....the skin was sooooo thin. And it's taken forever to heal.
    I suppose this is just normal old fart stuff?? Well, I don't like it.

I have noticed the skin on my arms getting thin too. A few times I have scratched my arm and made it bleed-ugh!!!

Was just talking about this with a friend. She said her doc confirmed what we've both seen on ourselves and that is aging = thinner skin, literally. We've had the same 'surprise' small bruises or tiny cuts that we didn't even realize had happened. I could even handle that okay but it's the "crepey" looking skin that I think is so aging and there doesn't seem to be any fix for it. Darn.

Hate that crepe! It's just come on in the last year too. And not fair that losing weight just makes it worse.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Hate that crepe! It's just come on in the last year too. And not fair that losing weight just makes it worse.
    Yeah..........that's exactly why I don't want to lose weight! haha There'd just be too much skin!

that is one reason that I lost 40lbs very slowly. I was afraid my skin would not adjust. I could still lose 25 more to be at my ideal weight but have decided it is not worth it. It is mostly my arms at this point that are funky and nothing else. I remember when this happened to my Mom and she was not happy and I was thinking what's the big deal-you are older. Now I know. I hope she is laughing at me from heaven)

Hello,guys! We cannot stop our skin from aging, What we can do is to take good care of it. I have here some tips that might be helpful for us. Check this out.

age 60 here and I have been noticing the skin changes. Very dry and seems to be more fragile. I had been taking one baby aspirin a day and thought it might contribute to the bruising and overly bleeding scratches, so cut it back to a baby aspirin 3 days a week. My feet have really needed more attention. Dry, thick skin that has to be scrubbed off. I finally got a foot rasp and it makes life easier.

Thread Information