Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swiss Army Knife vs. Leatherman Multitool

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It's very situationally dependent - you need to look at your lifestyle/environment/circumstances first, as well as consider what other tools you may be carrying.

I carry a Leatherman Raptor all the time these days, it's very specialized to what I do. When I worked in a lab environment, I carried a different multitool to handle wire cutting/stripping/small screws/etc., even though I usually had a real toolbox a few feet away, it was just handy to have on my person. I've never found the blades on the Swiss Army Knife or the Leatherman-type tools of much use, I prefer a more useable/reliable/agile real blade.
    I'll blame you :-) I have a SAK in my backpack for whatever, I've never looked at a leatherman before.

It will likely show up tomorrow - the pliers, wirecutter, etc. part is something I could have used on multiple occasions if I had it available.

LDAHL: "Suburban Survivalist." I like the sound of that. Me too, and I mostly use the little scissors and the toothpick. I had first upsized for the corkscrew, but now I am generally drinking in the vicinity of a corkscrew, wineglasses, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    LDAHL: "Suburban Survivalist." I like the sound of that. Me too, and I mostly use the little scissors and the toothpick. I had first upsized for the corkscrew, but now I am generally drinking in the vicinity of a corkscrew, wineglasses, etc.
    The toothpick is an amazingly versatile tool in situations where a small, flexible poking device is called for.

Thread Information