Thread: Online consultations..

Online consultations..

Have you heard or tried it? I went to my doctor yesterday for regular check up, He told me about this software that we could use for consultation. Is it common now? Thanks!

I have only heard bits and pieces about this. Is it a paid subscription to a site? Hopefully someone knows more.

Our doc is doing that too. You pay your regular co-pay. I don't see myself doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by messengerhot View Post
    Have you heard or tried it? I went to my doctor yesterday for regular check up, He told me about this software that we could use for consultation. Is it common now? Thanks!
    Yes, I have heard about it. It is actually in demand around the globe. It is a health and wellness consultation services online. The good news is, a patient can talk with their doctor faster & get medical advice online. I think, it is also possible when you use a mobile phone.

That service is available to us starting this year through our health insurance provider, United Healthcare. We really love our own PCP, so we tend to go to him with our issues. I could imagine using this service for some situations though.

I don't consume much medical care (none in fact) but I could see this being useful in certain situations such as if t's 2:00 am and I'm experiencing "x" and want to know if it warrants a trip to the ER, or if I had an ongoing issue that needed to be monitored and I could provide that feedback to the doc for monitoring via an online tool. I can see this being especially useful for people who are either tightly scheduled because of family or work commitments or who live far from their PCP.

I doubt the current usefulness of this, personally. I see this currently as a tool, that allows you to pay to ask the doctor basic questions. When gizmo's or attachments come out and have been out for a while (so people have a better idea of where to place them), that you can send the doctor, vitals (blood pressure, heart rate, etc), then they may be useful.

Those docs can prescribe, and I often know exactly what's wrong, but alas, cannot write scripts for us. So I can see this be useful in a situation where I basically just need someone to write a script.

Thread Information