Thread: fresh mozarella

fresh mozarella

HI everyone, poking my head back in for a moment. I got 2 containers of fresh mozzarella for free! Now I cannot figure out what to do with it, how sad. In the summer I would make a salad with my garden tomatoes and fresh basil, but I am transitioned to winter food. of course I can add cheese to everything! It would be nice to use it in a special way.

Thank you for any ideas.

Not sure what you're eating these days, but a few thin slabs of mozzarella on some nice bread with some basil or minced garlic on it might not be special, but it would be tasty. I make a salad of romaine, red onion, mozzarella (either sliced or those little pearls), oregano, peperoncini, and oil and vinegar that I bring to potlucks as an antidote to all the sweet and fat; pretty refreshing. Mozzarella also would work with some luncheon meats or even some tempehs/baked tofus as part of a sandwich.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

oh yum on the first idea, super simple and I like really good breads. That would make a nice lunch.

Mozzarella mixed with a little fresh-ground Parmesan cheese gives traditional French onion soup a fabulous binding.

If you have two containers, I would use one as the guys have suggested here and then maybe make a nice lasagna and freeze it for later!

OOH I went to a class Wednesday night where the lady showed us how to make ricotta. She baked it with some stuff and we put it on toasted bread and topped it with a peperonata. Delish! I think you could do the same with your moz.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...an-recipe.html

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...-herbs-3363329
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    I love cheese so much I will eat mozzarella balls by themselves as a snack.

I put it on crackers.

Thread Information