Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite things to cook in an Istant Pot

Favorite things to cook in an Istant Pot

For people who like to cook in Instant Pots, what are some of your favorite recipes?

I don't have one but have been following Plantfueled Trucker on Facebook. Maybe I heard about him here last year on another Instant Pot thread. Anyway, he makes some incredible meals in his Instant Pot while on the road. Currently he is off-road healing from broken leg. He needs to put all his posts together in a cookbook.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I have no recipes, but recommend Nom Nom Paleo for IP recipes--she raves about hers. Also the HIP pressure cooking site. I'm sure there are lots of pins on Pinterest. Cookbook-wise there's Slow Food Fast, Great Food Fast and The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook (paperback).

I like to cook brisket, bone broth/stock, chicken and beef soups, and artichokes, among other things, in mine. Also, cheesecake--which can be made sugar-free and with a nut crust to eliminate carbs. The Instant Pot 7 in 1 (which was marked down $50 on Prime Day) also has a yogurt setting, which I plan to try.

Check out Hip Pressure cooking - lots of great ideas. www.hippressurecooking.com (oops - just saw that Jane gave the same recommendation). Spaghetti is easy - I brown a pound of ground beef in the PC (I have electric 3 in 1 Fagor). Then add the spaghetti, broken in 2. Cover with sauce & water, HP for 12 minutes(?), natural release. Easy one pot quick dinner. I'm going to use it tonight for corn on the cob.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Here's a compendium of 50 recipes for your IP: http://www.thekitchn.com/50-recipes-...tm_campaign=at

You could use these recipes from http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2...t-recipes.html ... there are 21 of em on the site.. Classic Beef stew is the best!

Thank you for all the great looking recipes. Appreciate all the variety.

Any additional advice on which ones to try first for the best chances of success for people new to this?

The six-quart Instant Pot IP Lux-60 is on sale today only at Amazon, for $70. It's the one I started with, and I'm happy with it.

Thread Information