Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Live where you want and you never have to go on a "vacation"?

I tried the B&B path years ago when on a week-long solo trip and found it very interesting. Some of the other guests at breakfast and I shared some really valuable insights that I needed to hear at the time about an issue that I was working on. It ended up having some significant impact a few years later.
    Some B&B's were stark and some were over the top lush in amenities. Most in Canada are pricey as IL mentions. Niagara-on-the-Lake has some beautiful buildings as B&B's. One day I will try one again there when I attend the Shaw Festival.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

I hate B&Bs. It feels like I owe the host my friendship. Or free therapy. I don't want to talk to strangers in a forced environment when I'm on vacation. Vacation is all about what I want. It's not about making pleasant small talk with strangers.

What Tammy said. I like the anonymity of hotels, and if money is no object, cool little boutique hotels. In reality, the Holiday Inn works just fine!

Several years ago I was very "taken" with the B&B idea. DH and I stayed in severeal different ones over a few short travels, as well as a few times with my 3 women friends when we would have a getaway. For the most part they were all good experiences, always different. But as I have gotten older, I prefer the anonymity of hotels as rosarugos said. I like just closing the door and shutting out the world and having peace and quiet.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm going to CT--in just a few hours. I'm staying at an airBNB farm:

e9cf69_3fd53847cb6e480a82f72b67fa3eb73b.jpg.

I can't wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm going to CT--in just a few hours. I'm staying at an airBNB farm:

I can't wait!
    Gee that looks fun! I love the pond. Take some bug repellant and enjoy the idyllic setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Gee that looks fun! I love the pond. Take some bug repellant and enjoy the idyllic setting.
    Yeah, I read that about the bug repellant. I don't have any--I'll have to pick some up on the way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com