Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme bathing

after getting diagnosed with POT syndrome and suffering countless shower falls despite bars, I thought I would never get to soak in a hot tub again. But there is a bar maybe 18" long that attaches to the tub with two giant screws that don't break through the tub. It is probably 10" high off the edge of the tub and you grab it getting in and out, it's wonderful. That plus a few screwed into the wall bars and I can soak again.

thanks for the reminder of the benefits of a good soak

I think it's really interesting that baths seem to have experienced a downward trend in interest. The Jacuzzi's of the 80s are definitely passé--replaced by shower stalls. In my mind it's for two reasons: People don't have time and it's also because people are so darned germ-phobic. I had a friend in college who said that the only way she would take a bath is if she took a shower before she took the bath, and took another shower afterwards. I have to admit I haven't taken a bath in years. (I HAVE taken showers!)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I think it's really interesting that baths seem to have experienced a downward trend in interest. The Jacuzzi's of the 80s are definitely passé--replaced by shower stalls. In my mind it's for two reasons: People don't have time and it's also because people are so darned germ-phobic. I had a friend in college who said that the only way she would take a bath is if she took a shower before she took the bath, and took another shower afterwards. I have to admit I haven't taken a bath in years. (I HAVE taken showers!)
    You know....when I did take baths I always followed it with a quick shower while the tub drained.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I miss taking baths. I have not had hot water for three months. (long story...) I've been using the jacuzzi and shower at the gym. Soon I will yet another new hot water heater, and I can't wait to soak in the tub! I've been making my own soap, and I love to use it in the bathtub. I like to add epsom salts and essential oils to the water.

I use the sauna at the gym, but most of the people go in there in sweaty gym clothes. It's kind of gross. I feel better after a good sweat, though. It really does seem to release the toxins. I take a cold shower afterward...love the benefits of hydrotherapy! I also use the jacuzzi for a half hour. It really helps my muscles and joints.

Hope the grab bars work for you Freshstart! I love mine. I kept them in place after the hip replacements. Hot baths are so luxurious and healing...(well I think they are.)

Thread Information