Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I might have a beau!

Well, my guy friend won't be coming out for the BBQ and fun dives the afternoon of the Sunday I'm certified. Asked him today. He has a dive trip scheduled with his brother and a friend. It was originally scheduled for the previous weekend but his brother had a scheduling conflict. He said it was funny I mentioned that weekend because he had noted we would both be diving the same weekend, just on opposite sides of the state. He thanked me for the invite. At first I was very sad and disappointed, but then I was sort of relieved. If things didn't go well with my cert dives and I didn't get my cert, there would be no fun dives that afternoon. That would have been embarrassing. We're still on for the underwater pumpkin carving sometime in October. Dang, do I want to see him badly, but it seems I'm going to have to wait until October - 3 months after we went shooting.

Slowly, slowly.

Just got back from vacation and saw this. HOpe things work out with the new guy. It sounds promising.

sorry you're disappointed. Could you suggest something low key in Sept, like a hike somewhere?

My knee and sciatica wouldn't stand up to a hike. Going shooting again would be a good option

I am trying not to push him too much. He's had a big upheaval in his work life about six months back where he went from owning the company to selling it to a bigger competitor. He was tired of long hours, he said. He was doing very well before the recession, but had to cut staff in half during the recession. That's when it seems the 60 plus hour weeks began. He's now a manager with the company that he sold to. It's going well, but he's having a hard time adjusting to no longer being the decision maker and now having a 40-45 hour work week. He said he is still discombobulated. He owned his company for about 20 years.

So with the the work upheaval, I'm not sure if me coming into the picture creates more upheaval in his life. So I'm trying to be patient, even though it is making me absolutely nuts.

Thread Information