Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's on your grocery receipt, what did you pay and what you are making with it?

Tijuana was a little anxiety producing for me. But all the Mexican parts of Phoenix feel fine. I don't think it's the culture - the grocery store culture actually feels nicer than the "white" stores. I think it's just the unknowns of a border city like Tijuana when it comes to public safety. I feel almost as anxious on the US side of those border areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Tijuana was a little anxiety producing for me. But all the Mexican parts of Phoenix feel fine. I don't think it's the culture - the grocery store culture actually feels nicer than the "white" stores. I think it's just the unknowns of a border city like Tijuana when it comes to public safety. I feel almost as anxious on the US side of those border areas.
    Frontier towns have always been that way. Everyone, not just the border patrol, feels like they have to be "on guard". It's always a bit messy, chaotic, and yes, dangerous when you have some combination of two or more cultures, languages, political and/or religious ideologies, etc. each trying to protect their own side and/or invade the other side of the imaginary lines drawn on a map by some military after a war.

Thread Information