Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

I let it go for a year.

I’m told by someone I trust that the dive shop took a business hit after he went after me online last year. He did that, not me. Can’t blame me for how he handled it.

Had a good dive Saturday. Got my weighting distributed better so I’m more horizontal in the water. I would go to hover and I would pitch forward.

We had a lovely day. 80 minute dive, saw lots of fish in the rocks. Devils Lake State Park near Baraboo, WI.

50EB2C48-9C14-4BC1-B16E-031D303241BD.jpg

Looks so serene. Glad to hear you had a great day!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Had a good class dive last Sunday at Wazee Lake in WI. Things are slowly starting to come together.

Had some ear issues at first but went down slowly and it was fine.

94F274FA-2B29-45F4-87F6-DBBC70909BD0.jpeg

Nice!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Tradd, FYI, in case you are not aware.... In today's paper says those wishing to visit a wreck can get laminated dive cards showing the history and locations of scores of shipwrecks in Wisconsin waters from the Wisconsin Historical Society... who compiled the list.

Excellent. Thank you! My lovely instructor is a maritime archaeologist with the Wisconsin Historical Society.

I am bouncing off the walls I’m so excited. I was very mistaken about my lack of vacation time at work. It looks like I’ll have 7.5 days by Christmas, if my calculations are correct. That means I could go down to FL cave country the week before Christmas and go back to work Dec 29. Yay! Waiting for boss to approve my request. So either fun diving or half of full cave, if I’m ready to do that this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I am bouncing off the walls I’m so excited. I was very mistaken about my lack of vacation time at work. It looks like I’ll have 7.5 days by Christmas, if my calculations are correct. That means I could go down to FL cave country the week before Christmas and go back to work Dec 29. Yay! Waiting for boss to approve my request. So either fun diving or half of full cave, if I’m ready to do that this winter.
    I am sad that caves are what gets you to warm water territory because I would think open water areas would be beautiful.

But I really cannot continue this conversation because it will entail me thinking about you or anyone else diving in caves. So go forth and be safe. And don’t report back to us how it was! Ha ha.

The FL springs are always around 70 degrees year round. Freshwater.

I have no desire to dive salt water. And have to rinse my gear?

Thread Information