Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

It is sounding as though the 'jerk' did you a favour by guiding you to a mentor that suits you so much better.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    It is sounding as though the 'jerk' did you a favour by guiding you to a mentor that suits you so much better.
    I had already been put in contact with her, but yes, the jerk pushed me to have her as a mentor.

My class book FINALLY arrived at the Madison dive shop Thursday. They had ordered back in late July or so. When they checked on it mid-late August, the books had been stuck in the Chicago distribution center for two weeks at that point. They're still there! They ordered again, but the place that sends out the books misplaced the order and didn't send it out. They were only sent out early this week. I got the call at 5:30 pm and was on the road to Madison within a half hour. Four hour round trip dive but I wasn't going to trust the book to the mail!

Looking like class is going to be in Nov. I announced it on FB and people were shocked I'm doing it since I'd said I'd never do "wet rocks in the dark." A couple of older ladies did the expected "be safe"

And I found out today that one of the three dive boats owned by He Who Shall Not Be Named went down with mechanical issues in mid-August and is out of commission for the rest of the year. I'm just thrilled. Absolutely delighted. He is getting what was coming to him sooner rather than later. No one was hurt, and it's going to hit him in the pocketbook.

Oh, and the $843 he wouldn't refund that I still had on my boat account? A friend is moving from the Chicago area out west. She has about $500 left on her boat account. It would hav been used up but a lot of charters have been cancelled the last month or so due to weather. She's asked for a refund and he won't give one to her. She even offered to send him a copy of her transfer letter from work (her job is transferring her) and he still said, nope!

If you put the charges on a CC dispute it. I disputed my airfare 9 months after booking and got refunded.

Really, Terry? I should do that!

Yes I decided I had nothing to lose. I did it with 2 airlines. I had 2k at stake and didn’t want credits.

Doing my solo diving class the middle of October with folks I know in OH. It's simply so I can mooch around the shallow side of the quarry if a buddy cancels (such as happened this past Saturday) or if I want to practice skills on a platform for an hour without boring buddy.

He Who Shall Not Be Named (dive shop owner who has given me such trouble) will NOT quit. Somehow he found out I'm doing my solo class this weekend with a dive shop out of OH. People gossip, so that's likely how he found out. Anyway, dude has the nerve to call the OH dive shop to try to get them to kick me out of the class as, according to him, I'm an "unsafe diver." OH dive shop owner told He Who Shall Not Be Named to pound sand, that he's actually dived with me multiple times, he's never seen anything in my diving to give him concern, and to mind his own business!

Thread Information