Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

Was talking with rebreather mfg today and they told me they’re looking it at it shipping mid-September. That’s about what I figured. That means I will be doing training in cooler weather, plus fall is my favorite season.

Been diving a lot in IL and WI. One plus about diving in WI is that gas is about $1/gallon cheaper.

Will be in MX in less than a month. The summer is going fast. Will be putting aside my drysuit for the next two weekends and diving my medium weight new wetsuit and two aluminum tanks (usually dive steel ones) as aluminums are what is dived in MX. I haven’t dived wet in more than 3 years. The aluminums dive much differently than steels so needs a bit of practice.

Been picking up a few bits and pieces to use with my rebreather once it arrives. I dive regularly with a buddy who has the same unit I’ll be getting so I’ve been seeing what he does. Things such as a folding work table to use when diving with it at sites that don’t have picnic tables. I’ll check with the manufacturer when I get back from
    MX to see if the mid-September ship date is still good.

Was supposed to do Lake Michigan shipwreck diving out of Milwaukee in June and yesterday, but they were both cancelled due to boat mechanical issues. Going to try again in August. This is through my WI instructor’s dive shop.

Just got word from the rebreather manufacturer that my unit is scheduled to ship Sept. 16th. Great to finally have a date. Two more months…

I leave a week from tomorrow for my MX trip for full cave class. Will be staying in Playa del Carmen. Here is a video of MX cave diving.

I got to go to Playa del Carmen about 2 1/2 years ago - beautiful area. Enjoy.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Wow Tradd, that looks amazing.

So I’ve essentially passed full cave. Just a few out of water things tomorrow and one fun dive (not sure where). I’m exhausted. My poor ankles from the skeeter bites. Just want to get home to reliable ac and less humidity. I’ll restrict my international travel to Canada in the future.

After second dive today at Tajma Ha.

43B1F889-B99C-45CA-95BD-82C32920A477.jpg

Beautiful!

Nice!

Thread Information