Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I like those caves, big openings.
    @iris lilies

Did you actually said something POSITIVE about cave diving? Have you lost your ever loving mind?! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    @iris lilies

Did you actually said something POSITIVE about cave diving? Have you lost your ever loving mind?! :O
    I was able to open the video and watch a few seconds here and there. As long as I see big openings in the caves it’s not horrifically scary. It certainly is pretty and very interesting. It was hard, but I did it!

Very cool video! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you are going to have a great time!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Rejoined the gym yesterday. Back in the pool snorkeling laps. Did 600 yards/24 lengths. Used to do a mile/70 lengths. I’ll be back to that very shortly. I couldn’t find my kickboard so I had to do without yesterday. Ordered a new one. Much better with kickboard.

Diving instructor mentioned that for full cave class, dives are upwards of 90 minutes. So building regular and diving stamina. I’m going to be doing longer dives between now and the end of October when the local quarry closes. Mine diving season starts in early November. So I’ve got two months. She said she thought I could do the class, but wants me to be successful and won’t allow me to start the class until I am ready. We agreed we’d revisit this in two months.

I’m going to be diving my brains out. Will dive both weekend days.

Being in good shape for this much diving is so important. Good for you joining a gym.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thanks, razz. I was in better shape before the stupid plague closed the gyms down spring 2020.

They were closed for awhile, open for a long time too, but regardless it was a year of covid and I stayed away, and I didn't go until two weeks past my FIRST covid vaccine shot, then it was the first thing I got back too, unable to wait anymore. But yea it sucked in terms of staying in shape.
    Trees don't grow on money

Got my kick board from Amazon today. Did 1000 yards/0.6 miles. So a bit more than the mile I used to do. Did about 1/3 of my diving frog kick, which is really good practice, as it has to get better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcbHKAWIk3I

Is this what your diving looks like underwater? It is lovely to see.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

That’s if you dive tropical.

My diving is like this. Sandusky wreck in the Straits of Mackinac. I dived her last year.

Thread Information