Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

Very cool. The device on the wrist... I'm guessing that shows depth and... not sure what else?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Dive computer. Gives depth, time, water temp, decompression status. Might even show how much gas in your tanks if you have the wireless transmitters.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess technology truly is everywhere - and thank goodness for that for a lot of things! lol
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Looks like I won’t be finishing up the deco procedures class that gets me down to 150ft until the spring. Might be able to do 1-2 days this fall, but I’m not sure about that. There are several factors totally out of my control. Anyway, it’s not like I need it immediately for Great Lakes wreck diving. That season is pretty much over. Lots of charters get blown out from now on.

Focusing on full cave. I fun dived with instructor and a friend of hers yesterday. Instructor said I’ve made huge progress. I’m pretty horizontal. I’m moving through the water much better than I used to. Frog kick just needs me to rotate ankles a bit more.

Again, Tradd, I am in awe of your skills and growth in this hobby!

Thank you. It’s been a ton of hard work. My instructor said no one tries harder than I do.

I know from working with a diver how much work goes into the sport. Her boyfriend was a cave diver and she became one too.

I agree with nswef and TT - it's nice to see someone pursuing a passion and being able to see the growth. Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

I’ve had to put in more work than a lot of people. I’m a slow scuba learner. But once I get something, it’s there. I’m also essentially doing this on my own. A lot of tech divers have regular buddies they dive with and do classes with. I have occasional tech trained buddies but no one locally. They’re at least two hours away. I’m diving with one of these folks in OH tomorrow. He’s from MI.

Did 0.7 miles in the pool tonight.

Thread Information