Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

Our Emergency response guys were practicing ice rescue I. A local pond last week. It seldom gets cold enough to freeze this pond.

That looks...not fun. But I am glad Tradd is enjoying it.

I read Wim Hof's (The IceMan) book, The Wim Hof Method, and one of the key components is cold exposure. He believes it has numerous health benefits, in conjunction with the other components of his method--which are breathing and meditation.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Our Emergency response guys were practicing ice rescue I. A local pond last week. It seldom gets cold enough to freeze this pond.

That looks...not fun. But I am glad Tradd is enjoying it.
    Officers from the Dane (Madison) and Racine County sheriff's dept dive teams were in our class this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Officers from the Dane (Madison) and Racine County sheriff's dept dive teams were in our class this weekend.
    Ice diving would spook me. i see the need to rescue or search for those who have fallen in icy conditions and got trapped under ice. Quite the experience, Tradd!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'm with Iris and Razz. I get a little claustrophobic just thinking about it. You are very brave, Tradd!
    Catherine: I'm not sure if you use Insight Timer, but Wim Hoff did one of the meditations in January, and it was an amazing experience. It was an invigorating breathing exercise that just left me saying "wow!"

Add me to the big chicken list)

WoW! Very impressive!! Congrats and... wow! I couldn't do it, but so grateful to all of those people that train and do these rescues!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Catherine: I'm not sure if you use Insight Timer, but Wim Hoff did one of the meditations in January, and it was an amazing experience. It was an invigorating breathing exercise that just left me saying "wow!"
    No, I've never heard of Insight Timer! The breathing exercise sounds really cool! He describes the technique in the book.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    No, I've never heard of Insight Timer! The breathing exercise sounds really cool! He describes the technique in the book.
    It's a free meditation app that was recommended by many in the Science of Well-Being class. You can also pay for a premium version, but I do not.

It’s been an eventful spring. Working on some skills in advance of the class that will get me down to 150ft.

My regular buddy I've dived with since the beginning had a massive heart attack two weeks ago. He was in decent shape but was under massive stress at work. He just got out of the hospital yesterday. Won’t be diving the rest of this year at all. Perhaps next year, depending on what docs say.

Was delighted to get a message from WI instructor Tuesday about scheduling the class to get to 150ft. There’s one other student, a guy who also dives sidemount. Class is two full weekends. We’re now working out schedules.

Thread Information