Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

Ha, ha Iris Lilies.

Iris, I will not apologize’

Those are absolutely breathtaking pictures. I am claustrophobic and it has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I am so jelly that you can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Iris, I will not apologize’
    Ok! In my dream I was going to compete with my cousin in a swimming event but in order to get down to the pool we had steps down in a very long tunneled low ceiling place, kind of like a subway entrance only with very low ceiling. It was horrible.

This particular cousin has been dead for some years. It’s not even a cousin I was especially close to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Iris, you would probably have freaked if you saw me yesterday. 350ft back into the cave at Ginnie Springs through the Devil’s Eye hole in the river and basically pulling my way 350ft back into the cave because the flow coming out is too strong to swim against. Going through narrow restrictions and sort of bumping yourself through. Three dives yesterday getting better and further back. The ride out on the flow is a wild one!
    oh HELL no. Glad you enjoy it though!!!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Just got home. I left Nashville at 3:45 am to attempt to beat the snow. It started about 3 hours before I got home. Only saw one plow truck in IN. Lots as soon as I crossed the border into IL. Roads were iffy in IN but just wet in IL due to the plow trucks spreading salt. Came home to a lovely pile of Christmas cards. Ordered food for delivery from a local Thai place - pepper steak and rice with egg rolls on the side. Hauling in stuff and have to do a load of laundry. Had done laundry where I was staying on Saturday so I don’t have a ton to do.

Welcome back, safe and sound.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Another diver told me to put Carmex (medicated lip balm) on the shredded fingertips and it really has helped.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The only part I liked was “ride out on the flow… “ I can picture getting out of there quickly.
    Took 20 minutes to claw our way 350ft back and about 9 minutes to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Awesome warning “ Divers have died here” oooooo-Kay. Great photos otherwise.
    As I’ve explained before, there were tons of diver deaths in the 60s and 70s before cave training was established. Not sure if I linked to this before. Sheck Ellet, a FL cave diving pioneer, wrote this book and developed the rules from analyzing cave diving accidents. Not having a continuous guideline to the surface, enough lights that lasted the length of the dive, exceeding your training, or going too deep are major factors. Many open water regular divers died in the caves in the early days and some still do. Testosterone poisoning or stupidity.

It’s interesting reading.

https://nsscds.org/wp-content/upload...r-Survival.pdf

Thread Information