Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

Congratulations! And BRAVO!!

Well done on getting over fear, tackling new adventures and succeeding in all!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Tradd, good job!

Diving pics from Saturday! I went to Gilboa Quarry near Findlay, OH, for a weekend of diving with a Midwestern group. They knew I was a rank beginner and welcomed me with open arms. These were my first post-cert dives.

First pic. We were going over the school bus when all these fish came out of nowhere. Turns out this is where they're fed by a lot of people (you buy fish food from the quarry). I was warned to wear my hood if I didn't want my ears nibbled by the bitey, aggressive fish! I pulled up, went vertical, and put my arm up (instinctive reaction) to shield my face!

There was also a huge a$$ monster catfish on the bottom, about 10-12 feet below us. Ugly mother!

Other two pics. These were also from the first dive Saturday and I was nervous, so the guy with me and the gal taking pics let me hold his hand! I'm the one with the blue gloves who is not diving "level." I'll get better with practice. These pics are so cool, though, to see myself in the water!

Wow - great pictures!

Yes, these are realyl interesting!

Tradd, it amazes me how quickly you took up this new hobby and became certified. It is just so, I don't know, out of the box!

Now you will have to plan a Caribbean vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Wow - great pictures!
    They're so neat, aren't they? All the non-diving people go "oooh, aaah"! Tomorrow is underwater pumpkin carving at our local quarry and i even have a costume to wear underwater that doesn't interfere with my gear. You get bonus points that way! A friend made my costume. I'll post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes, these are realyl interesting!

Tradd, it amazes me how quickly you took up this new hobby and became certified. It is just so, I don't know, out of the box!

Now you will have to plan a Caribbean vacation.

I'm going to Little Cayman next August with a friend in another state. I didn't even know she dived until I started talking about it. She's only a vacation diver. Thinks I'm nuts to be drysuit diving in cold Midwestern waters! She invited me on the trip a few days before I got certified. Gave me extra incentive to get 'er done! We're going as part of a group.

I envy your intrepidness!

Jane, no one has ever called me intrepid before!

Thread Information