Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: My Diving Experiences

IMG_3569.jpg

This is me on the jet ski on top of the 727.

I had to put my drysuit (the purple trimmed black diving suit from my early pics) up for se as I've shrunk so much! This is a very good, although expensive, problem to have! I spent about $2K, trying to sell for about $1300. Alterations would be too expensive. I can't replace it until I get to my goal weight and so I might as well get the $$ for it now, which can go towards something else.

I had tried diving the drysuit in early October and the upper arms were so big on me that there were huge air pockets, which made it difficult to go under and stay under.

congratulations Tradd on all your changes!

Today was the next big step in my diving journey! Maiden voyage in my own side mount gear. This is for a couple years down the road when I begin the much more advanced training for deeper, longer dives. Dive shop manager, who also dives sidemount, helped me set everything up the week before Christmas. SM is very stable and comfortable for me. There is some tweaking that needs to be done, but that's to be expected. My trim (horizontal aspect in the water) has improved so much and is so much better now. My instructors were in the pool today, having fun on their own (it was a pool practice for already certified divers), and they complimented me several times on my trim. I've got two more pool sessions (one per month), and my SM class in the spring.

Someone hung a mirror in the deep end, and I got my first underwater selfie. It was very neat to see myself "live" rather than after the fact in pics/video.

This just makes me smile!!!! I think of where your were before your started and where you are now!

I agree with nswef! You look great! So great to have a passion to sustain you! It also shows how sometimes hobbies and passions find YOU rather than the other way around.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yes, and look, I'm next to a drain! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Yes, and look, I'm next to a drain! LOL
    Oh thats right, you were leery of drains! Well, they ARE creepy.

You’re going to love this... the guy who started me on all this? He seems to have had a change of heart about me. Don’t know what caused it as he didn’t anwer when I asked. I told him I was sorry, but that ship sailed for me more than a year ago. He was just silent. He’s made no effort at all to see me before he said this. He sold his company to a bigger one two years ago and now he’s down to just doing some sales for them part time. He’s pretty much retired in his mid 50s. He essentially has very little claim on his time and he still couldn’t come see me? Sorry, bud.

Nice pic from pool session last weekend. 2BF3E0A5-FFB6-4367-99EA-C698C97A45EC.jpg

I love the mirror pic, Tradd. You should submit that to a diving magazine for publication--it is awesome.

Thread Information