Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    . . .He was offered an out of rotation release due to his family yet refused because other prisoners had been held longer. . .
    This was an honorable thing to do, but we have to remember that a number of other long-held POWs also did the same thing.

In any event he's in a tight race here in AZ. He's 80 yrs old, and long past the time to let someone else represent AZ in Congress. We'll see what happens in Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    This was an honorable thing to do, but we have to remember that a number of other long-held POWs also did the same thing.
    No big deal then, huh?

In any event he's in a tight race here in AZ. He's 80 yrs old, and long past the time to let someone else represent AZ in Congress. We'll see what happens in Nov.
    If my Senator volunteered to continue weekly, sometimes daily beatings for another year or so, just to maintain his honor and integrity, I'd let him represent me for life if he was willing.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Who thinks Trump was right to criticize Kahn?
    Well, Trump has every right to criticize Khan. So does every American. We are all allowed to have our opinions.

But I think what you are really asking is, "Just how sound a political move was it for Trump to criticize Khan?" The answer is: Probably not a good move on his part. Nor have his subsequent behavior/comments been wise for someone running for office.

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Hey, remember how Hillary DIDN'T attack her or her grief? Remember how Hillary DIDN'T try to link her to some radical terrorist organization trying to destroy all that's good and wonderful and holy in America? Too bad the republican's 'set up' of Hillary didn't work.

Oh, and by the way, since you have apparently been in a cave for the last several years, Benghazi and Hillary's supposed involvement has been investigated 8 times now, with nary a shred of evidence to tar her with. Just because you have some Clinton derangement syndrome doesn't mean she is guilty.
    Hillary is not a criminal. Please post evidence she is.

Hillary did not hand out government secrets.
    She might have outed one of our spies as revenge for...no, wait, that would be Cheney and Bush.
    She might have written a letter to our enemy telling them to ignore our President...no, wait, that would be the republican Senate
    Maybe she invited a foreign head of state to diss our President in addressing congress...no, sorry, wrong again. That would be the republican House.
    It's OK. My cave has cable. You are correct that Hillary seldom attacks people personally as Trump is wont to do. She uses proxies for that.

The criticism here isn't so much her role in the Benghazi debacle as her lying to some of the families of the slain. I realize that's a he said/she said thing at this point, but I am among the 2/3 of Americans who find Mrs. Clinton untrustworthy, so I'm inclined to take their word over hers.

While it's also true that Hillary didn't fedex any secrets directly to hostile powers, the FBI report certainly indicated that her "extreme carelessness" provided a pretty appetizing self-serve buffet.

If my Senator volunteered to continue weekly, sometimes daily beatings for another year or so, just to maintain his honor and integrity, I'd let him represent me for life if he was willing.
    I agree with you on the perhaps naive assumption that a guy willing to endure torture for a principle would be unlikely to compromise his integrity for political expedience.

Contrast that to Trump's bluster or Clinton's lies about risking sniper fire to try shoplifting a little martial glory. Or both parties putting the grieving families of dead service people on display in an attempt to gain some sort of moral authority. We live in degraded times.

No big deal then, huh?
    Your words, not mine.
    But he's likely to be looking for a job after November.

I think McCain would have been required to denounce the Vietnam War to secure that early release and chose not to which I think was admirable. He would make a much better President then Trump would.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    He (McCain) would make a much better President then Trump would.
    I know you probably didn't mean it this way, but talk about faint praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I think McCain would have been required to denounce the Vietnam War to secure that early release and chose not to which I think was admirable. He would make a much better President then Trump would.
    Although i always like McCain and admired him, I don't think he would make a good president. (saying he would make a better President than Trump is jumping him over a pretty low bar. Naval lint would be a better president than Trump)
    His judgement is not so good, however. He did pick Sarah Palin and that being the first major decision of his run showed him to be well past his shelf life.

Thread Information